CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Requirements for CCW in wisconsin.

sig p6

So what I thought I understood was that your hunter safty card met the requirments to obtain a CCW permit in wisconsin. Other people here say no the D.O.J. is setting the standards for the requirment to obtain your CCW. Who's right? Ive been on the D.O.J. web sight and don't see anything different. Does this mean you have to take some type of hand gun training? to get your permit.

The way I understand it is the D.O.J. has not determined what will be accepted for sure. Maybe someone else will be able to explain it better.

Please read the law. It doesn't matter what the DOJ thinks, the law is there in black an white. They MUST accept hunter safety as well as several other things. The only thing they have ANY leeway on is if a instructor is not certified by a state or national organization. (NRA, for example).

+1!

DOJ is trying to make rules they are not authorized to make. Go to the source, the law. You can use your hunter safety but if you do make sure you read and understand the laws and use of force. Highly recommend as much training as you can get.

I think we all have to wait with bated breath till November when the authorities there lay out the rules and publishes it...

So very true. Your Hunters Safety Ed Certificate will suffice for the training requirement to obtain your Wisconsin permit.

The law has already been signed. The law states Hunters Ed, training by any NRA certified instructor, your DD214 as long as your DD214 states honor discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions, and many other "training conditions" that will qualify.

I think we all have to wait with bated breath till November when the authorities there lay out the rules and publishes it...

The rules are written.

The key to all this that limits DOJ power to make stuff up is
175.60(2)(b) The department may not impose conditions, limitations, or requirements that are not expressly provided for in this section on the issuance, scope, effect, or content of a license.

Email