Reloading Bench Recommendations

ericmt

I was wondering if y'all could recommend a bench to purchase for a progressive reloader? I live in an apartment, so I neither have the tools nor the room to make one from scratch, so I have to buy it.

Go to lowes and buy one of those 4 foot plastic top folding tables and then purchase a one inch by 2 feet by 4 foot plywood sheet. Get several 2 inch decking screws and screw the plywood to the top of the table. You can get a couple of those 90 degree angle braces and use those to anchor your table to a couple of wall studs. They need not be bigger than three inch angle braces. That's what I got and it works like a champ. No worries. Just make sure it is anchored to the wall lest you tip it over during your reloading work. The only tool you will need is a cordless drill.

Lowes and Home Depot both sell or used to sell a work bench made out of 2x4's that you can put together for around 70 or 80 bucks. If it is to long in kit form then you can cut them down in size and custom make it for your application. Once assembled they are very sturdy and will give you a firm working table. That's what I did when I first started reloading and had a limited amount of space to work in. It worked well. If you have to relocate they come apart very easily. Securing it to a wall would be best but it is still doable as a free standing bench.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back