CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

RECOIL magazine...

Quiet

RECOIL magazine
It is billed as a "gun lifestyle" type magazine and is kinda like a mix of Wired magazine + Maxim magazine but with guns.

It is made by non-gun people (mostly car people), wanting to cash in on the "tactical" firearms industry, that like guns because they are cool due to their use by "operators" & their use in entertainment (video games/movies). But, won't hire gun people because they feel they know more about the industry than them.

It came out in 02-2012 and to date there have been four issues.

It may not last much longer due to a recent "foot in mouth" incident involving the editor of the magazine.

The most recent issue (Issue #4) has an article about the H&K MP-7A1 and the editor of RECOIL magazine makes the following statement:

That comment set off a firestorm on the magazine's Facebook account due to RECOIL magazine's support for firearms to be available to civilians only if it meets a "sporting purpose".

Today (09-10-2012), in response to all the negative comments and emails, the editor posted an "apology" about his statement over the H&K MP-7A1.

Even with this statement, advertisers have already started to pull their contracts with RECOIL magazine.

List of advertisers that have currently ended their contract:
  • Bravo Company Manufacturing
  • Silencerco
  • Magpul
  • Haley Strategic Partners
  • Imminent Tactical Solutions
  • Panteao Productions
Other companies have also pledged to either pull their contracts or not renew them.

Bravo Company Manufacturing official response...

Magpul Industries official response...

I agree. Why would your average civi need one of those? Just cause?
Just cause? Just BEcause!! That si the reason I have many of the firearms I own. Including machine guns and suppressors. Because I am a American it is my right to do so nuff said!

Because it is a modern small arm that fills the role of a personal defense weapon.

In the USA, the "right to bear arms" has nothing to do with a "sporting purpose". It is for defense.

The term "sporting purpose" was created as a means to justify prohibiting small arms for civilian use.
Which the editor of the magazine supports, the idea that a civilian can only own a firearm if it meets a "sporting purpose".
This line of reasoning lead has lead to several firearm bans and firearm parts ban.

The H&K MP-7A1 is classified as a post-'86 Title 2 MG, which means that only a FFL/SOT or GovMil/LE agency can legally own it in the USA.
All the Federal laws that regulate MGs do not use "sporting purpose" as a means to regulate them.
Per the BATFE, as of 04-2012, there are 488,065 legally owned machineguns in the hands of civilians in the USA. None of these needed a "sporting purpose" to obtain.

Haley Strategic Partners official response...

The point is that we have the right and need is not relevant. You have a serious case of cephalo-anal inversion and you ought to get that fixed.

H&K official response...

H&K official response...
That is BULL. H&K is very anti civ ownership. Do not get me wrong I LOVE HK and have been collecting for a long time. Thus how I know. I own a MP5 ( NFA machine gun ) factory mp5 got many years ago. H&K will NOT sell me parts I have to buy them on the open market as HK REFUSES to work on or sell parts for a CIV owned MG.

Email