CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

"Reason" for Non-Res LTC-A ALP/ Rest: None

snatale42

Anybody have a non-res class A- ALP/ None, what did you put for your reason? I've got my class done and about to send in the app, don't want to answer wrong. I read alot they don't like the whole ALP thing....but thats what fits me best. I'm in MA alot for multiple reasons, work, visit family, and want the permit for different reasons, personal protection, last minute trip to the range, etc. The app says all the different restrictions they can put on it, which are the same one's the residents deal with, then on the next page say target only, I saw in another post that sambo42x9 got a non-res/none so I know they exist. Here's my fear, I MAY move back to MA in the next couple months. If I do and they give me a restricted non-res what if they don't want to remove the restrictions? I have my permit here in VA, and a NH non-res, I don't have to change the VA to non-res until I renew but it gives me like 30 something states! , (minus new england of course), If I become a MA resident and get a restricted license I'm screwed because I THINK that will kill my Non-Res's.

Sorry that you have to provide a reason in the first place and I'm also sorry that you can't just use "Its my God given Right...

Sad that this has to be done. I specified for all lawful purposes on mine and had no issues. I'm a resident however.

I'll ask a friend of mine who is over the border in RI, what reason he used. He has one..

Massachusetts used to issue Class-A non-res non restricted permits seemingly regularly if that was the way the home state permit stood. If you go through the latest revision of the MA non-resident app, they have further restricted permits. Word is they are now only issuing restricted ones rather than the CLASS A non restricted in the days of yore. Class A unrestricted requires some "good reason" according to the app. Complete BS.

Link Removed

I was going to get a MA permit as they were unrestricted but it's a waste of time now. Oh well. $100 dollars in my pocket and no tourism dollars for them.

1: If you have a business and carry expensive items or lots of cash, you MAY get LTC-ALP
2: If you had a non-resident permit BEFORE, they will give you ALP

If this is your FIRST time applying for a NON-RES, they will restrict you unless number 1 applies to you

yeah, and its $100 per year
Its a waste of $100 if you get restricted because, you can already bring firearms into Mass for sporting and competition without a license, and a restricted LTC will restrict you to that as a non-resident, makes no sense, I know.

Whose doing is this? Deval Patrick or the DPS? Or Both?

Reason

On my site under 'Gun Sense" I have made a series of 30 articles to help people in Ma. Scroll down to the 'Reason' letter and read carefully. If ALP will not work the backup plan should be (personal protection). Sincerely Mark Shean

... I MAY move back to MA in the next couple months. If I do and they give me a restricted non-res what if they don't want to remove the restrictions?

As I understand it the non-res permits are processed by the state of MA but once you move here it would be processed by your local police department. The closer you are to Boston the more likely you are to have restrictions placed on your permit. No legitimate reason than because they can and there is nothing you can do about it except move!

Bill

Email