Quick question

njsportsman

Maybe dumb I don't know I am a beginner and finally got my setup up and running after about a year of dragging my feet but, anyway I have a RCBS Rock Chucker and my question is this can you use LEE dies with an RCBS machine? I would think it's a standard fit but not sure. I am ordering them online.

Thanks

I believe that you can. I Googleed your question and foundhttp://smith-wessonforum.com/reloading/116231-lee-dies-rcbs-press.html. Several of the posters said that the Lee dies will work just fine.

Harley

Last edited:
Yes. You could Google this question yourself, as every gun forum gets this question at least once a month.
The only press readily available to non-commercial reloaders that take proprietary dies is the Dillon Square Deal B.
ALL the other presses out there take standard dies from any manufacturer. You can also use Lee or any one else's shell holders.
You can even get an adaptor so you can use Hornady die bushings, so you don't lose your die set-up.
Wasn't this covered in your reloading manual that you read cover-to-cover?

Yes. You could Google this question yourself, as every gun forum gets this question at least once a month.
The only press readily available to non-commercial reloaders that take proprietary dies is the Dillon Square Deal B.
ALL the other presses out there take standard dies from any manufacturer. You can also use Lee or any one else's shell holders.
You can even get an adaptor so you can use Hornady die bushings, so you don't lose your die set-up.
Wasn't this covered in your reloading manual that you read cover-to-cover?

There's another proprietary die system out there other than Dillon's square Deal.

The old Lyman Tong Tool uses their own dies as well.

To the OP,

All I've ever used in my Rockchucker are Lee dies.

>The old Lyman Tong Tool uses their own dies as well

That is almost like saying that the Lee Loaders use proprietary dies. Note, though, that I said "readily available" and we are talking about dies for use on presses, not on tongs/pliers. Anyone make adapters for use with standard reloading presses?
Wondering, do the dies come with the tongs/pliers or is that a separate purchase?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back