Questions about carrying into CT & ME?

kelpike

I live in Ma and recently got my Class A unrestricted. I will be applying for CT as I travel there quite often. Many times I will be out with the wife and we travel into CT for a few different reasons. I know it's not legal but do any of you guys travel into different states with your weapon and take your chances? We have a vacation planned in ME this summer and I know I don't have enough time to get my permit from them even if it's approved. I'm torn about leaving my weapon home for a few obvious reasons, any thoughts would be appreciated.

So you want to know if anyone will admit in a public forum to breaking the law? I am sure you will be flooded with responses.

For one thing, I am not asking anyone to admit to breaking any laws. Two, I'm pretty sure that even if someone on here admitted to traveling into another state with a firearm, they would not and could not be prosecuted for anything. Three, as much as I am interested in how many travel to other states with their firearm, I am also interested in comments about traveling to other states. But thanks for your input.
So you want to know if anyone will admit in a public forum to breaking the law? I am sure you will be flooded with responses.

in some circles breaking the law is called a protest, civil disobedience. maybe this is a tactic that should be used in place in the libturd infested places like NYC. can you imagine if thousands of LEGAL in other states held a protest in NYC, they couldn't arrest thousands. and like recent protesters even if arrested they couldn't/wouldn't prosecute.

Any time that a person carries a loaded firearm in a state based upon recognition of their out-of-state permit/license they violate Federal law if they do so within 1000' of the premises of a school. The same is also true of people who can carry loaded firearms in their own states without a permit/license. Heck, Wal Mart (and thousands of other retail stores in Washington state) commit a felony in violation of Washington state law every time they sell a flare gun without a background check conducted by an FFL. Lots of people ignore laws every day.

Link Removed

The odds are most likely in a persons favor that you would not get caught. I would not carry in a state that does not recognize any of my permits, but that is just me. I know many who seem to get away with what EVER they want. For example, I know some who could go into a store and walk out without paying for a bass drum set and the manager/owner would hold the door open for them. Me, I could find a penny on the floor and be charged with theft!!

But you do what you feel you have to do. But you should also be ready for the consequences of your actions if you get caught! You could lose you permits and then what will you do?

Listening to you people make me want to avoid that part of the country like the plague. I don't know if it Yankee mentality or what it is about there but thank God I live in Texas. Y'all come visit and bring your gun. We most likely will recognize your license here.

Listening to you people make me want to avoid that part of the country like the plague. I don't know if it Yankee mentality or what it is about there but thank God I live in Texas. Y'all come visit and bring your gun. We most likely will recognize your license here.

Ah, yes... Texas... A state in the top ten of states with the most restrictive and oppressive handgun carry laws. No thank you.

texas is NOT especially gun friendly. between the 3006 and tabc rules carrying in public is a minefield of potential issues

texas is NOT especially gun friendly. between the 3006 and tabc rules carrying in public is a minefield of potential issues

Not to mention the Texas sized list of prohibited places, no open carry of handguns at all, no concealed carry in public without a recognized permit, the expensive process required to obtain a Texas CHL, and the prohibitions disqualifying people from the Texas CHL above and beyond Federal prohibitions.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back