Question for Armed Women

modernlady

Hello Ladies,

My name is Amber and I am putting together an instructional video specifically for women who want to conceal carry for self defense. I would like to know what questions you have about concealed carry. What problems have you run into when it comes to training, carrying, or the mindset of self defense? I would like to know your real and honest needs so that I can make the most beneficial program possible.

Thank you so much!

Wow. That's going to be a really long answer. I learned way too much from experience (bad experience). I had the horrible realization way to many times that I was ill-advised and if I had needed to defend myself, it's doubtful that I would have been successful. If you want a detailed answer to your question, please contact me the messaging system and I will try and help.

Not a lady but, still, I've got some answers for ya: Common questions I've heard female students ask: 'Does this gun make me look fat?' 'I carry everything in my bag; so, why can't I carry the gun there, too?' and, 'What do I need a gun for when my boyfriend carries?' (Really, I'm not kidding.)

More serious questions: 'Should I try to run away, first?' 'When should I draw?' 'How do I know when to shoot?' 'How many times should I shoot him?' 'Should I shoot him if he's really far away?' All questions that, at one time or another, I've heard women ask.

Then there's my sister-in-law: 'I'm OK!' 'I've got all my (departed) husband's guns in the attic; and I've always got the neighbors to come and help.' Which, as an instructor told me that THE RIGHT SELF-DEFENSE ATTITUDE is the most common thing that's usually missing from the female persona, as well as the most important survival instinct most women need to work on and develop.

When trouble arrives: THE ONLY PERSON YOU CAN DEPEND ON IS YOURSELF!

Carry a firearm on your body. Have a gun you are familiar with and that you practice with. Make sure it's loaded with a round in the chamber. (duh?) Go about your daily business but stay alert. Pay attention to people getting close to you. Don't go into areas that you think may be dangerous. Don't tell people you are armed. If someone needs shooting, you will know it. If you don't have to shoot don't. If you can, leave the area of the problem. Above all, learn the laws applicable to the state you reside in.

Thank you so much! Wow, some of those questions would be funny if they weren't sad. I agree that the attitude, or mindset, is the most important part of self-defense. Your brain is your most dangerous weapon, but it is also the most difficult to train and so people don't train it. They buy a gun and then think that they are safe. Thank you so much for your input! I will be sure to keep these in mind as I put together my video. Please comment if you have anymore ideas or suggestions for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back