Quest for the perfect conceal holster for women

DollyKay

Howdy all, I'm a young female from Colorado, and have been concealing since the day I turned 21. I make all my own holsters because I'm frustrated with the lack of options for females. And I'm hoping for advice, looking forward to learning from everyone. if you have a minuet please take my survey to help me come up with the perfect holster.
Thanks
DollyKay

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HCSTQ6B

Survey Monkey is a information gathering web site and cannot be verified that they do not pass on information to people or groups that would use info on gun owners or C/C holders in a negative result. We need to be careful as to who we give information that may come back and bit us in the a$$.
Just a world to the wise. There have been many threads on this Holster topic in the past. Recommend DollyKay check them out.

I know I am in the same boat. I'm short and now I'm on the hefty side. Because I was in the hospital. Most of the time holsters are to big. I have a design Of my own. Now I just have to find someone who will make it. Let me know what you come up with

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

You may want to consider a IWB or OWB small holster Like a Pro-Carry Deep Comfort by The Holster Store and use it behind the back. If you are right handed, get a left hand holster, or if you are left handed, get a right hander. Or some of the adjustable cant holsters. Works well.

My wife uses a belly band with Velcro retention. She's 5'7" and about 125 pounds. She can't use any belt holster without it printing.

Flash-bang bra holster or thigh holster comes to mind, if you wear dresses.

Purse carry is an option, but risky; you don't have your sidearm on your person, and it may be snatched.

Idk about the bra holster. Did you hear. How a lady killed herself while adjusting it. I guessing the safety was off. However maybe she hit the safety while adjusting and hit the trigger as well.

I might try the belly band
I would like to carry IWB on my backside. However I have had my gun get caught in my shirt a couple of times. If a where a shorter shirt tail is better but then it's not as discrete.

My wife swears by this!

My wife carries concealed in her purse. She prefers to carry in her own designer bags using a concealed carry purse holster platform.

The platform she uses fits into any purse and keeps the firearm nice and snug against one side of the purse, thus protecting it from all other contents of the purse. It has a universal holster that fits any firearm. Or she can actually even attach her existing holster with belt loops to the platform itself for a more familiar draw.

This is the concealed carry purse platform she uses and she loves it, hope this helps!!!: Here's the concealed carry purse holster I was referring to.

My wife swears by this!

My wife carries concealed in her purse. She prefers to carry in her own designer bags using a concealed carry purse holster platform.

The platform she uses fits into any purse and keeps the firearm nice and snug against one side of the purse, thus protecting it from all other contents of the purse. It has a universal holster that fits any firearm. Or she can actually even attach her existing holster with belt loops to the platform itself for a more familiar draw.

This is the concealed carry purse platform she uses and she loves it, hope this helps!!!: Here's the concealed carry purse holster I was referring to.

You joined TODAY and your first two (and probably last) posts are pure advertisement for a product that is on sale TODAY. The CrossBreed Holsters Purse Defender is simply a better product for the same price.

Seems it could be a money maker for some of these holster companies to design concealed carry holsters just for women instead of taking a mans holster and making it pink and telling women this is what you need. How about women telling the holster company what they need to make for women?

I bought a belly band a few years ago and it is in a box with all the other holsters tried and discarded. The ones they make now are narrower and may work better, but my middle has expanded and it is just too uncomfortable. I bought the FlashBang bra holster and my small revolver either jabbed me in the breast or stuck out in an embarrassing phallic shape. the inside-the-waistband and the outside-the-waistband shape seldom works for me because of the unfortunate expanded middle shape. I don't wear belts anymore and look for elastic waistbands in my slacks.

What I found recently was a spandex tank top with holsters builtin on both sides so you can carry the extra mags on one side and the pistol on the other. I found it on the Well Armed Woman site, but it is not the only site it is sold on. I wear black tank tops most days and generally have an over blouse on top. This hides my small S+W 642 revolver, the little Beretta Nano and even a mid-sized pistol like a Glock 19 9mm (I don't have this yet, but tried out the fit in the gun shop.) This is not the solution for all wardrobe choices, but will serve for most days. It is very hot and humid for half the year where I live so the overshirt works with the tank. It can be left open and will drape over the pistol without printing. Long tunic tops over the tank would work as well as an overblouse and I will be looking for some this fall.

There are legging choices in Capri and full length- also in black spandex. They look great under a long tunic top but I think my new mid-sized pistol and two mags would weigh it down resulting in a meeting of weapons at the ankles. A small pistol or revolver would fit nicely in them though.

Just some thoughts on carry choices.
Kate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back