putting a sweat shield on leather iwb holster??

old fart

Do any of you think it's needed to have a sweat shield on a iwb leather holster? I am on a very tight budget and found a pro carry hd holster on amazon for $19 free ship molded to my gun, i bought it. the one with sweat shield was $42 after shipping, i know most times the shield is only $10 more but for some reason amazon was running a special on the ones without. now i have carried the gun and hoster several times and it is a great holster but i keep thinking since i have pieces of leather lying around maybe i could put a sweat shield on it. i wear a tee shirt under my outside shirt year around but it still is on my mind if a sweat shield is needed. i only have basic tools and would have to cut it by hand and sew it by hand. just afraid i may mess it up and can't just get another holster right now, what do you all think. the gun sticks out of the holster at top exactly 1 inch. thanks for any help.

........... i only have basic tools and would have to cut it by hand and sew it by hand. just afraid i may mess it up and can't just get another holster right now, what do you all think. the gun sticks out of the holster at top exactly 1 inch. thanks for any help.

Well, first off, congrats on finding a holster for your gun that works for you. I am in the "sweat shield" camp, but, I'm fine without it as long as the trigger well is protected. I think you answered your own question. Unless you've made holsters before and or are experienced working with leather, I'd leave it alone. But some money away and down the road get another holster with a sweat shield.

Just my 2 cents worth of an opinion and YMMV.

Jay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back