Powder Availability

hogcowboy

Ammo is beginning to be more available but is anyone seeing powder doing the same? It's still very limited here.

I'm seeing more of it. Even the Cabela's here has some 8 pound jugs on the shelf. Albeit the prices are high, ($199.00 to $219.00). Brunos Shooters Supply is getting more, but again at very high prices. Natchez Shooters Supplies is getting more, and some of it is priced reasonable compared to everyone else. Some of the IMR powders as low as $156.00 for 8 pounds. Powder manufacturers have been discontinuing the 8 pound jugs since the insanity started. So I'm finding 1 pound jugs X 8 cheaper than many of the same in 8 pound containers. Bottom line, it's slowly improving. But both powder and .22 ammunition have a long way to go to be considered "back to normal". I'm thinking another year at least. This has turned everyone with a gun into mass hoarders.

Actually .22 ammo is even starting to show on store shelves here but powder not so much. Especially the one I want, Varget. And if you can find it, it's ridiculous how much they want for it. I'm glad I get my supplies by enough for 5 years. Looks like I needed the buffer this time just to offset the dang hoarders. Needless to say I think very little of those jerks. I do hope karma bites them hard!

I'm glad I get my supplies by enough for 5 years. Looks like I needed the buffer this time just to offset the dang hoarders. Needless to say I think very little of those jerks.

So you've got a 5 year supply, but they're "jerks" for "hoarding"?

So you've got a 5 year supply, but they're "jerks" for "hoarding"?

Yes. That's 5 pounds of powder, primers and bullets. Is that a problem with you? Once every 5 years. Still a problem. You better than thous really impress me!

Yes. That's 5 pounds of powder, primers and bullets. Is that a problem with you? Once every 5 years. Still a problem. You better than thous really impress me!

Not a problem with me in the least. It certainly appears to be one for you when other people do it. You're the one calling them "hoarders" and "jerks", not I.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back