Police charge disturbed man with injury of bystanders THEY shot!

Unfortunately, when a cop misses his intended target and hits someone else who is innocent it is not a felony.

Especially true in NYC.

Thought things were bad under Bloomberg? Get ready for "heavy hand of government" DeBlasio.

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

nonsense, not every street is times sq or fifth ave, this incident took place on a not very crowded street, I have seen videos of the incident and there was no real imminent danger of violence, no reason for the shots to be taken, however once the shots were taken the shots were very poorly placed

once again you have posted pure hyperbole, there are more than 34k sworn NYPD officers even if 100 are members of your club that is still such a tiny percentage that renders your assertion idiotic
Now I'm an idiot? Ever read the rules to this site? No flaming. No name-calling. So why do you follow me round calling me names? Why do you follow others around calling them names? Please provide your answers to Luke.
There are about 35,000 police officers in NYC. A statement that all are poor shots would be incorrect.
We're not talking about all of NYC. We're talking about Times Square on a weekday. Possibly among the highest concentrations of people anywhere in America. There is no safe direction in Time Square.
Tell everyone where the safe direction is.............

Now I'm an idiot? Ever read the rules to this site? No flaming. No name-calling. So why do you follow me round calling me names? Why do you follow others around calling them names? Please provide your answers to Luke.
There are about 35,000 police officers in NYC. A statement that all are poor shots would be incorrect.
We're not talking about all of NYC. We're talking about Times Square on a weekday. Possibly among the highest concentrations of people anywhere in America. There is no safe direction in Time Square.
Tell everyone where the safe direction is.............
1. where is the personal insult? I said your assertion is idiotic, if I had said that YOU were idiotic that would be an insult, claiming that your assertions are idiotic is not a personal insult
2. you must not go to NYC too often, I can take you 30 yards down any side street off of times sq and it at most times it wouldn't have 1/10 the or the pedestrian traffic found on times sq.
I know that the crowd who live in the podunk places north of the city like to believe they are NYers but they may as well be from Iowa
3. you must really have reading/comprehension issue, I said that NYPD cops are not known for their proficiency with their weapons, that is a far cry from saying that ALL are bad shots and it is not what you claimed I said. get it right when pissing and moaning

1. where is the personal insult? I said your assertion is idiotic, if I had said that YOU were idiotic that would be an insult, claiming that your assertions are idiotic is not a personal insult
2. you must not go to NYC too often, I can take you 30 yards down any side street off of times sq and it at most times it wouldn't have 1/10 the or the pedestrian traffic found on times sq.
I know that the crowd who live in the podunk places like to believe they are NYers but they may as well be from Iowa
If you said a co-worker's statement was idiotic I would fire you. That's the insult. Have some tact... perhaps a little gentler machine-gun hand.
I owned a consulting company in mid-town (53rd and 3rd ave.) - six blocks from Times Square for 25 years. I went to school at Columbia University in Manhattan for six years. I rode that God-forsaken Metro-North train that recently crashed every day. I ate lunch several times per week in the Carnegie Deli on 55th and 7th. I know every inch, crack and crevice of that cesspool city and held a CCW permit there for 15 years.

I owned a consulting company in mid-town (53rd and 3rd) for 25 years. I went to school at Columbia University. I rode that God-forsaken Metro-North train that crashed every day.

what is the price of tea in china?

this is just another good argument that LE, while on duty, should not have a lethal weapon. they are too quick to use them. there are plenty of none lethal options.

I rode that God-forsaken Metro-North train that recently crashed every day.

Wait a minute... You rode on a train that crashes every day?!
Why would you do that? Just because it only started to crash lately?
Still pretty dangerous if you ask me!

;)

Sent from behind enemy lines.

this is just another good argument that LE, while on duty, should not have a lethal weapon. they are too quick to use them. there are plenty of none lethal options.

And while we are at it, any other groups of the citizenry you'd like to disarm and violate the 2nd Amendment?

bzzzzt,,, wrong answer, how about better training?? the NYPD has been and almost always has been at the same level of the rabble that infests the city

The hand that pulls the trigger is responsible for the path of the bullet, poor weapons training. Taser comes to mind, batton, asp, hell shoot an innocent victim and get his attention. Officer when did you last fire your weapon practice or otherwise.

The question that should be posed is would any of you fire at a subject that was either coming at you with a knife (well within the 21feet) or drawing their own firearm to use to kill you, knowing that there are crowds of people 360 degrees around you and the BG? So essentially your life is in imminent danger. BC1 mentioned Times Square and the masses of people there. Would you risk an errant round to hit an innocent bystander to defend your own life, or even a life of another? Or would you be willing to take on the assault without using a firearm and "hope for the best" to thwart off the chance of hitting a bystander.

Who said anything about anyone dying?

Getting shot/hit does not always equal getting killed. In fact, many more people get shot and live than get shot and die.

suicide in many jurisdictions is a felony, the man committed a felony, the police "responded" (with their famous 26% hit rate) and any associated injuries/deaths are tied to the initiator.

Never Forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't allow him to do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policemen, bureaucrats, and politicians."Hope" by L. Neil Smith and Aaron Zelman

suicide in many jurisdictions is a felony, the man committed a felony, the police "responded" (with their famous 26% hit rate) and any associated injuries/deaths are tied to the initiator.

Never Forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't allow him to do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policemen, bureaucrats, and politicians."Hope" by L. Neil Smith and Aaron Zelman

You're completely wrong. A suicide attempt is NOT a felony anywhere in the US. Most jurisdictions have it on the books as an illegal act, a low level criminal offense but it is almost NEVER enforced due to the mental health aspect of the event. If they survive an attempt, they can be taken into protective custody due to mental incapacitation for committal to a mental health institution...not jail.

Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

In NYS suicide is not a crime. Attempted suicide is not a crime. The only suicide-related crime is facilitating the suicide of another person.

And while we are at it, any other groups of the citizenry you'd like to disarm and violate the 2nd Amendment?

this would have nothing to do with the 2nd A. you would be dis-arming the government the very thing that the 2ndA was written for. while off duty they could carry anything they wanted to

do you argue with the fact that LE does not need any lethal weapons. they would not have the ability to gun down innocent people or ones that could be controlled with other methods. even though they use their tazers as rubber hoses. at least fewer people would die. do you feel that the government should be armed and you shouldn't

The question that should be posed is would any of you fire at a subject that was either coming at you with a knife (well within the 21feet) or drawing their own firearm to use to kill you, knowing that there are crowds of people 360 degrees around you and the BG? So essentially your life is in imminent danger. BC1 mentioned Times Square and the masses of people there. Would you risk an errant round to hit an innocent bystander to defend your own life, or even a life of another? Or would you be willing to take on the assault without using a firearm and "hope for the best" to thwart off the chance of hitting a bystander.

Ahhh........ Yup!

Take the shot all day long!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back