Permit in 7 days

kotaNsid

My husband and I applied for our WV permits on Monday April 18th. We just got them in the mail today. I was really suprised with Hampshire County's turn around. From talking with other people I expected at least a 45 day wait. Have to give my county credit.:pleasantry:

My wife and I applied in Marion County the Thursday before Easter and got them the following Tuesday; 5 days. I was astonished.

I live in Wayne County and they did mine while I waited. Total time was about 30 minutes. In the neighboring county of Cabell it takes the full 45 days. It just depends on how that Sheriff likes to do things.

Hey gang,
Any one living in Jefferson County? If all goes through, will be living in Kearneysville and curious if the locals are as helpful.

Take care and be safe
pfb

I just applied for my permit today in Monongalia County. They said it would be a minimum of three weeks. The clerk had a whole stack of them sitting there she hasn't gotten to. I'm thinking now it's going to be 7-8 weeks from what I'm hearing on the street. With the holidays upon us it could be more with people taking off time ...oh well. Hurry up and wait!

Saff

I applied for mine in Berkeley County yesterday. The lady told me that although they have 45 days to issue, it normally only takes a few weeks. I guess we will see exactly how long it takes and I'll report back.

I applied for mine on 11/19/2012, as of today, I haven't been contacted yet .

I applied for mine in Berkeley County yesterday. The lady told me that although they have 45 days to issue, it normally only takes a few weeks. I guess we will see exactly how long it takes and I'll report back.

I didn't have any trouble getting mine in Kanawha Co. Took the class, did my paperwork and turned it in, and had my permit in about 2 weeks. This was in 2008. I've moved since then. I'll ask one of my police friends about it and then go through getting it changed and see what happens. I'll post back on here with how it goes.

Like I posted previously, applied on Dec 28th 2012. Just got a call that my permit is ready. Just got to go in with my final 25 bucks and have my picture taken. What's that, 11 days or so in Berkeley.

Hey that's great! Like I said, I'm still waiting to hear from them. I applied on Nov.19th in Mon. County...pitiful. I will wait till the 19th of this month then give them a call. Seems a bit ridiculous to take this long. I will post a new thread on Monongalia County to see if anyone else responds to having the same problem.

Like I posted previously, applied on Dec 28th 2012. Just got a call that my permit is ready. Just got to go in with my final 25 bucks and have my picture taken. What's that, 11 days or so in Berkeley.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back