open carry on appalachian trail

Tim S.

Tim S.
I will be going hicking on the appalachian trail in maryland, I reside in wv, no ccw is it legal for non resident to carry open backpacking on the trail.

TIA, Tim

Check state and local laws for the trail, it is a bit frowned upon by other hikers, but this time of year you probably won't see to many other hikers up there

Check state and local laws for the trail, it is a bit frowned upon by other hikers, but this time of year you probably won't see to many other hikers up there

I agree, one has to check the state law.

but as for being frowned on by other hikers...Link Removed

As a Maryland resident, Maryland is Completely Unfriendly to Guns. Make you read & Understand the State Regulations as they do not even like you to transport weapons in your car.

Does anyone have a link to Maryland gun laws, the only thing I see on this site under Maryland about open carry is no open carry in public places. I would generally take that the trail is not a very public place but it is open to the public.

Here is a good place to start. Link Removed This organization is involved in trying to get our carry laws changed.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back