Onondaga County CCW permit attempt #3 Help!

Trapan

Hi Folks,

I apologize if there is already an on going thread for help with this subject. I am relatively new to this site, but i find myself reading forum posts all over.

So here is some of my background. I work in IT and have to transport valuable equipment and occasionally PC's with patient medical and finatial data on them. I applied for my permit last year and was approved with restrictions to sportsman from Judge Brunetti. I've tried and failed twice with the following letters and certs i have taken.

First attempt: Application, Letter or recommendation from Pastor/head of Peace org office, Cert of completion for Article 35 "Use of Force" NY penal law class, Cert of completion for Multi State safety course (NY, AZ, FL, UT) which gives me CCW reciprocity in 38+ states (minus here because of restrictions), and a 3 page proper cause letter.
Result: Approved with sportsman restrictions.

Second attempt: 4 page letter for removal of restrictions, printed out statistical data sheet from Syracuse Police department site showing raise in crime inside area of work and common passage I use, copies of work orders showing equipment i work on and transport for work ( keep in mind I'm on call 24/7 ).
Result: Denied and instructed to get a letter from employer is needed for work - which they cant legally give me even though i have my supervisors and his managers verbal approval.

So now what? maybe I pay an attorney to help write a letter, maybe take a CCW 1 and a NRA basic pistol course? i mean, its like i have to have something happen to me in order to be granted my constitutional right to bear my arms. Anyways if anyone has any ideas, opinions, or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I apologize if there is already an on going thread for help with this subject. I am relatively new to this site, but i find myself reading forum posts all over.

So here is some of my background. I work in IT and have to transport valuable equipment and occasionally PC's with patient medical and finatial data on them. I applied for my permit last year and was approved with restrictions to sportsman from Judge Brunetti. I've tried and failed twice with the following letters and certs i have taken.

First attempt: Application, Letter or recommendation from Pastor/head of Peace org office, Cert of completion for Article 35 "Use of Force" NY penal law class, Cert of completion for Multi State safety course (NY, AZ, FL, UT) which gives me CCW reciprocity in 38+ states (minus here because of restrictions), and a 3 page proper cause letter.

Second attempt: 4 page letter for removal of restrictions, printed out statistical data sheet from Syracuse Police department site showing raise in crime inside area of work and common passage I use, copies of work orders showing equipment i work on and transport for work ( keep in mind I'm on call 24/7 ).
Result: Denied and instructed to get a letter from employer is needed for work - which they cant legally give me even though i have my supervisors and his managers verbal approval.

So now what? maybe I pay an attorney to help write a letter, maybe take a CCW 1 and a NRA basic pistol course? i mean, its like i have to have something happen to me in order to be granted my constitutional right to bear my arms. Anyways if anyone has any ideas, opinions, or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks
Your next step is to vote in legislatures who respect the Constitution.

If I read right, did you imply that you don't have a NYS concealed pistol course. If so there's 95% of your prob. I'll give you a heads up, call the pistol permit office of the NYS Police in Batavia NY. Ask for either Sgt Sherman or Sgt. Cloutier. Regardless of where your residency is in the state an which county signs you off it all funnels to that office. They are the " go to people" for both LE an civilians regarding firearms law state wide. These two Sgt's an those seconded to that office know there stuff.
Good luck.

I planned on it this primary, however I am stuck with the same judge until he steps down by 2019 or dies before then. However I agree. We have 3 county judges, 4th coming in this election, and the other 2 are much more lenient then mine. It troubles me more that the decision is based off of a judges preferences and not off of law.

If I read right, did you imply that you don't have a NYS concealed pistol course. If so there's 95% of your prob. I'll give you a heads up, call the pistol permit office of the NYS Police in Batavia NY. Ask for either Sgt Sherman or Sgt. Cloutier. Regardless of where your residency is in the state an which county signs you off it all funnels to that office. They are the " go to people" for both LE an civilians regarding firearms law state wide. These two Sgt's an those seconded to that office know there stuff.
Good luck.

I have yet to take the actual Conceal Carry course for NYS however the place I go to for training has a ton of courses to help, I just wasn't sure if it made sense after all the other certs I have. Then again, one cant have too many certs!

I have yet to take the actual Conceal Carry course for NYS however the place I go to for training has a ton of courses to help, I just wasn't sure if it made sense after all the other certs I have. Then again, one cant have too many certs!
I still believe a call to Batavia State Police office will get you on the right track.

I planned on it this primary, however I am stuck with the same judge until he steps down by 2019 or dies before then. However I agree. We have 3 county judges, 4th coming in this election, and the other 2 are much more lenient then mine. It troubles me more that the decision is based off of a judges preferences and not off of law.
Well, as long as you folks keep electing people that like to sell you your rights, this is what you get.

You can always just carry anyway.

Well, as long as you folks keep electing people that like to sell you your rights, this is what you get.

You can always just carry anyway.

Yeah i could, but if i were to ever have a mishap where someone see's it printing (which i would annoyingly double and triple check before I leave the house) that's all the judge needs to pull my permit and take my guns. Don't get me wrong, if I have to go somewhere I know is not that safe late at night with whats going on, ill carry in my IWB holster, other then that not often as the risk is not worth it.

Yeah i could, but if i were to ever have a mishap where someone see's it printing (which i would annoyingly double and triple check before I leave the house) that's all the judge needs to pull my permit and take my guns. Don't get me wrong, if I have to go somewhere I know is not that safe late at night with whats going on, ill carry in my IWB holster, other then that not often as the risk is not worth it.
That's the nasty choice: to get caught with a gun, or to get caught without a gun.

Your life, your choice.

Hi Folks,

Thanks

I too am in Onondaga County, and I was just approved for my Sportsman. I received the same letter from the judge advising that my employer needs to provide approval for me to carry at work. They are a large company, and can't possible take on the potential issues related to an employee having written permission to carry while working. It's annoying.

I guess i'll just continue to vote for republicans, and hope one day i can finally get unrestricted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back