Non resident permit questions for MO resident.

raytracer

Now that MN has dropped reciprocity with MO, I'd like to get a MN non resident permit. I can't find exact info on the training requirements, other than it must be given by an "approved intructor".

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the easiest - and ideally, closest to the border - way to get the required training and if there are any other issues I should take into consideration?

Thanks,
Joe

Now that MN has dropped reciprocity with MO, I'd like to get a MN non resident permit. I can't find exact info on the training requirements, other than it must be given by an "approved intructor".

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the easiest - and ideally, closest to the border - way to get the required training and if there are any other issues I should take into consideration?

Thanks,
Joe

Very first pop on Google:

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/administrative/pages/permit-to-carry-faq.aspx

If I am a non-resident, must I take an approved firearms training class in Minnesota in order to get a Minnesota permit to carry?
No. You are only required to present evidence that you have received training in the safe use of a pistol from an organization or government entity that has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety in accordance with the department’s standards.

Can a non-resident mail in a permit to carry application or obtain a Minnesota permit to carry without physically being present?
No. Applications must be submitted in person to a Minnesota county sheriff.

Believe it or not, I actually got that far. Maybe I should clarify, I'm having problems finding what exactly constitutes:
from an organization or government entity that has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety in accordance with the department’s standards

Does it have to be MN specific? If so, are there any approved instructors in Missouri?

If not, what "organization or government entities", and what curricula are approved?

Why don't you just get a Florida license and save yourself a bunch of time. All you need is a copy of the Cert you got for taking to get you license in MO. A FL license will get you a whole bunch of extra States.

Pat

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back