Noisey holster

Grunt64

I picked up a OTW and have worn it for a week. Its a hybrid Leather/kydek and when worn makes a leather to leather squeak. Is there anything I can do to stop the noise?

It will go away when it breaks in. I've helped stop it by either rubbing baby powder into the leather or rubbing a wax candle into it. Don't use any oil as it weakens the leather. The baby powder worked for me every time.

It will go away when it breaks in. I've helped stop it by either rubbing baby powder into the leather or rubbing a wax candle into it. Don't use any oil as it weakens the leather. The baby powder worked for me every time.

I would do what we used to do with our softball gloves, Neets Foot Oil , soften & preserves the leather

steve

Candle wax is proven to work on holsters. better stick with that. It will eventually wear off by it's self.

I picked up a OTW and have worn it for a week. Its a hybrid Leather/kydek and when worn makes a leather to leather squeak. Is there anything I can do to stop the noise?
A bit of oil goes a long way. Focus on the stitching. ALL the stitching. You might try cheap candle wax as an alternative.

But when there are ways to stop the noise without weakening or damaging the materials wouldn't that be preferable? Wax and or baby powder will fix it and have no ill effects

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back