newbie.

ryan.alva

About to turn 21 and super stoked about being able to purchase a firearm. I've read every book possible and hundreds of YouTube vids on safety and reviews on certain firearms. Hopefully this app will also give me some good info on more things I need to know. God bless.

Welcome, this is a great place with lots of wisdom. Start learning ask a million questions and train, train,train. Good luck, if I can ever help just message me

First thing I would recommend would be to get some training, then more training. NRA Basic pistol is a good starting point, but that is basic and like I said a good STARTING point..

Good luck..

About to turn 21 and super stoked about being able to purchase a firearm. I've read every book possible and hundreds of YouTube vids on safety and reviews on certain firearms. Hopefully this app will also give me some good info on more things I need to know. God bless.
Welcome.............I would highly recommend you get super stoked about proper instruction with a real life instructor on safety, handling, cleaning, and firing of said firearm. The Right to bear Arms does have great responsibilities. I would seek basics courses first then pursue advanced training. Please click the link for instructors in your area; Link Removed
Again, welcome and utilize past topics on this site to even further your education.

Ryan,

Welcome. I'm sorry that I only saw your post today. Hopefully all has been going well for you and that you've purchased your first handgun already.

Ask as many questions as you need. The more you know, the better off you are.

Finding a CERTIFIED instructor is your best bet. Books and youtube and provide some knowledge. however, it isn't the best place to get your training. If all that was needed to get a CCW or permit to buy a firearm, depending on where you live, was needed, us instructors would be out of business. Any instructor on here will be more than happy to help you any way we can.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, except the one that isnt asked.

Finding a CERTIFIED instructor is your best bet. Books and youtube and provide some knowledge. however, it isn't the best place to get your training. If all that was needed to get a CCW or permit to buy a firearm, depending on where you live, was needed, us instructors would be out of business. Any instructor on here will be more than happy to help you any way we can.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, except the one that isnt asked.

Being an instructor and staying in business should have nothing to do with the governmental permissions/infringement process. It should have everything to do with how effective an instructor that person is.

Good instruction should be available because people would like good instruction, not because some government shill required it. Unfortunately, because there are governmental permission slip infringement processes in place, there are some instructors who have done the bare minimum to become an instructor and have become that hoop that the sheeple must jump through to ask permission to exercise a right.

While, I agree, a good instructor is worth his weight, for the new shooter, please do your research into the instructor first. Just because the person is an instructor, does not necessitate they are a good one.

Just a word of advice. whatever firearm you choose... Keep enough funds for Ammo for practice and for additional classes if needed. From the time i was 18 till i turned 21 think i had saved maybe about $2000.00 back then 2K went a little further than today.

Sounds like you're off to a good start with the right attitude. I also recommend taking an NRA course, but in the meantime you can take these safety rules and put them up on the fridge.

ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
—The National Rifle Association, The fundamental NRA rules for safe gun handling[3]

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back