New Instructors Corner Forum

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the new Instructors Corner forum. This will be Firearm Instructors can post articles about concealed carry and self defense. Only registered instructors will be able to post threads here but all users can reply to threads.

If you are an instructor looking to become registered just click here to find out all the information. Becoming a Registered Instructor is FREE and you get access to a few free resources. Click here to find out!

Last edited:
Instructors Corner Suggestion

This is a fantastic idea. But have you considered any way to also idenditfy and possably group by region? It would be great to see a state or region following their names in the title. If I develop a connection by reading a particular Instructor and then find out he/she is in California, it may not as helpful as developing a connection with one resonably near me.

Just the way my old twisted brain works.

Thanks for this site and evrything you are doing with it!!

I'll look into this but right now the can put their info in their signature.

Yes Sir all 6th that idea !!!!

Someone very smart has been reading my small brain just Love that idea !!!:pleasantry:

What visual aids do you teach with?

I've been teaching CCDW in Kentucky since the law passed in 1996 (thanks to the NRA and KC3!).

I find the following NRA laminated posters to be great teaching tools:
- 3 Rules of Firearm Safety
- Semi-Auto vs. Revolver (diagram)
- Ammunition Components (diagram)

These are directly related to some of the chapters I have to cover in our mandatory 8-hour class. They are not required by my state, but I find them to be much better than the small diagrams in the "official" student workbook.

What other posters or handouts do you use in your classes?

groupings

I agree ! nice shooter friendly idea, I also agree about grouping in state and with in that grouping, maybe by county, or north/ south state, ect and their training offerings,, thanx!! g-day mate...

power point

If you don't know the NRA Lesson plans for basic pistol have an awesome presentation that follows the outline. No need for posters any more. The only thing I have found questionable is they made all the slides with a bold red border that screams "danger". I asked the staff about it and they said red was the color of all the basic pistol materials. I just feel the slides have too much red border. Every class on Powerpoint I have been to told us to limit the hot colors like red. It is still good with pictures and graphics to explain the fundamentals of pistol shooting.
Scott
Centerfire Training

There is a great power point download in the NRA instuctor section that gives a great chapter by chapter slide presentation.

This site just jumped to the "head of the class" on my list of sites to check daily!
Fantastic idea Luke!

I Like it a lot! It looks to me that most everyone has their state/location attached to post via their profile, and those that don't can easily add it.
Good job Luke, I'm in :)
Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back