New Hampshire - The Next Constitutional Carry State?

New Hampshire Is a beautiful State. We've been there several times. This , if passed, will make it all that more attractive to visitors like us.

Some states currently have reciprocity with each other for their own concealed firearms permits.

For these states, which have shall-issue statutes, it is advantageous to obtain their CFP's so as to be able to travel to other such states while armed.

The trend towards "constitutional carry" does not take advantage of this reciprocity.

That's the main disadvantage of constitutional carry, where you don't need to do anything to carry concealed.

And like driving a car without a license, it is difficult for law enforcement in a constitutional carry state to surmise if a person with a gun on their person meets the qualifications, such as not having prior felony convictions. This is a major flaw with the various constitutional carry proposals.

My own LTC clearly gives me the right to carry concealed and loaded in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, and Washington State in the West as well as several other states further east.

My friends in Arizona which is a constitutional carry state have all gotten LTC's as well to take advantage of the reciprocity rules in other nearby states.

This clearly shows that constitutional carry provisions do not really benefit the residents, but mostly the nonresident visitors.

And then these nonresident visitors become non-vetted gun-carrying itinerants.

So constitutional carry clearly has more disadvantages for the residents of a state than does shall-issue licensed concealed carry.

Q.E.D.

Some states currently have reciprocity with each other for their own concealed firearms permits.

For these states, which have shall-issue statutes, it is advantageous to obtain their CFP's so as to be able to travel to other such states while armed.

The trend towards "constitutional carry" does not take advantage of this reciprocity.

That's the main disadvantage of constitutional carry, where you don't need to do anything to carry concealed.

And like driving a car without a license, it is difficult for law enforcement in a constitutional carry state to surmise if a person with a gun on their person meets the qualifications, such as not having prior felony convictions. This is a major flaw with the various constitutional carry proposals.

My own LTC clearly gives me the right to carry concealed and loaded in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, and Washington State in the West as well as several other states further east.

My friends in Arizona which is a constitutional carry state have all gotten LTC's as well to take advantage of the reciprocity rules in other nearby states.

This clearly shows that constitutional carry provisions do not really benefit the residents, but mostly the nonresident visitors.

So constitutional carry clearly has more disadvantages for the residents of a state than does shall-issue licensed concealed carry.

Q.E.D.

LOL. So much stupid in a single post.

Constitutional carry is a disadvantage because other states require permits when visiting. LOL.

Permits give you rights. LOL.

Law enforcement not being able to surmise if a person meets the qualifications to carry. LOL.

Comparison to driving without a license. LOL.

Q.E.D.

Wow, Just Wow! Based on your post, I have to really ask if you are even a firearms owner.

Wow, Just Wow! Based on your post, I have to really ask if you are even a firearms owner.

I own one 45ACP pistol which I carry with me concealed 24/7/365, and also an assault carbine (Ruger Mini-14) with 3 loaded 30-round hi cap mags in my gun safe, and also a riot shotgun (Mossberg 590), and also a deer/elk hunting rifle (Remingtion Model 700 in 300 RUM).

Naturally I also have a State issued CFP.

What's your next question ???

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back