My Mossberg 930 SPX Home Defense Shotgun

bofh

Banned
This is the project I have been working on for the last two months. It is the smoothest operating and lowest recoiling shotgun I ever used. 9.25 lbs empty and 10.8 lbs loaded with one in the chamber, 7 in the tube and 6 in the shell carrier. The aftermarket stock with the shorter length of pull is ideal for tactical use. The pistol grip is sturdy and allows for easy operation. The vertical fore grip allows one to push the gun out (while you pull the gun in with the pistol grip). This mitigates the already low recoil even further, to the point where I can easily double tap targets. The vertical fore grip also integrates with the pressure switch for the light. Here are the details:

• Mossberg 930 SPX semi-automatic 18.5" barrel 12 GA shotgun with 7+1 (drop safe) capacity and ghost ring sight
  • GG&G Enhanced Low Drag Magazine Follower (more reliable follower)
  • OR3GUN Marine Spacer Tube (more reliable Gas Piston Spacer Tube)
  • OR3GUN Enhanced Bolt Release (significantly bigger that the original)
  • Brownells Enhanced Safety Button for Mossberg 500/590/835/930/935
  • Mesa Tactical Urbino® Pistol Grip Stock with 12.5” Length of Pull, Cheek Riser, Limbsaver Pad and QD Sling Mount
  • Special Operations Equipment Bungee Single Point Sling with QD Adapter
  • Special Operations Equipment Velcro Shotgun Shell Card
  • LPA White Dot Front Sight (simply better than the original LPA Red Fiber Front Sight)
  • Streamlight Shotgun Rail (originally meant for Remington 870)
  • Streamlight TLR-1 with Remote Door/Switch and Remote Tape Switch
  • Magpul MOE Rail Section (screwed to the forend to attach the vertical grip)
  • TangoDown Vertical Grip (BGV-MK46, compatible with the Streamlight Remote Tape Switch)

Link Removed

Link Removed

Last edited:
I Like it!
The next planned change I have for my SPX is the Urbino stock, I've been waiting years for that sucker to come out.

Note that I had to order the QD Sling Mount separately from Mesa Tactical. As for operating the safety on a Mossberg with a pistol grip, take a look at this video:

I have the Brownells Safety Button as well (will edit the list in the original post).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back