Muzzle velocity for custom loaded .308?

Clemson12

I'm using 150gr Hornady SST Interlock tips, 44.5gr of Hodgdon Varget powder, and CCI large rifle primers...shooting out of a Remington 700 SPS Tactical with a 20" barrel and 1:10 rate of twist. Anybody know about what my muzzle velocity would be?

Reason I'm wondering is because I have this awesome iPhone app called Mil Dot Ballistics and it will tell me everything I need to know for the trajectory of the rounds I'm shooting, I just need to know the muzzle velocity for my loads. I may have to get a chronograph but I figured I'd take the cheaper way out and ask on here in case anybody would know.

You need that chronograph to find out.

Even if I used that exact load, our two rifles are not going to develop the exact same velocities. There's too many variables and differences between guns.

You need that chronograph to find out.

Even if I used that exact load, our two rifles are not going to develop the exact same velocities. There's too many variables and differences between guns.

This sum's up any reply's that you may get on the subject. There are way too many variables to get you the information that you want without your weapon and a chronie.
Bill

2,500 to 2,900 fps average. Also depends on the case you use. Also depends on if you tap the powder down or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back