MO CCW Turn around time

Gish

Looking for input from fellow Missouri guys. I'm not having much luck with Google...

What was your experience with turn around time when you first applied for your CCW permit??

I'm signed up to take my CCW class on Dec. 1st. I just found out last night that I will be traveling Dec. 12-14. I would like to be able to take my pistol with me if possible. Is there any possible way that I could submit my paperwork, get it returned, and get my permit in 8 business days?? Fortunately, I live close to the sheriffs' office and DMV so doing the footwork won't be a problem. I called the sheriff's dept and they would only tell me that they are allowed up to 45 days. No past average was given. If I'm dreaming, then that's cool. The trip is a surprise, but it would be nice to have the security if possible.

Thanks.

The time depends on the county you are applying in.
St Louis CO uses the entire 45 days they are allowed most of the time.
The rural counties can be as short as 6 days.
Remember if the trip is in Missouri you can have a loaded firearm in the vehicle depending on your age (this should be covered in your class).
Good luck in your class and enjoy the training.

Got mine as soon as we could in Jackson county. It was the full 45 days. I don't know anyone who has gotten one in the last few month
but almost everyone I know has taken close too 45 days. First they do the local record check. If that's ok then it goes to state. When that goes THEN they do the fed one. The time is almost all eaten up in the checking. I know a lot of people at the office and other involved
and they do the best they can with the system the way it is. It may go faster now I don't know if it has gotten better lately. Dec. 1
probably PGC. Jack is very good with the class.

In St. Louis City it took just under two weeks from the day I went to the sheriff to pay for the permit and get fingerprints, until I got the letter to pick up the paperwork. Went to the DMV that day and was good to go.

Got mine a few months ago in kc. Took 41 days. The wife never even got a call back finally at day 90ish she just went with her paper work and made them give it to her since the time limit was up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

Thanks for the responses everyone. At this point, it sounds as though the permit will be a no go. I have decided to take my handgun and pack it out of reach and locked up so that I can comply with the no permit laws. Most of the states I will be traveling through seem pretty cool with their travel laws so it shouldn't be a big deal. I mainly want it for emergency/shady situations so it will still be accessible for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back