Mass. Conceal carry laws and regulations?

mrob1980

Anyone have an idea where to find a general source of where you can and cannot carry your firearm in Massachusetts? I know our laws are pretty unclear but would like some type of reference.

Anyone have an idea where to find a general source of where you can and cannot carry your firearm in Massachusetts? I know our laws are pretty unclear but would like some type of reference.

Maybe handgunlaw.us

Condolences that you have to deal with this in the People's Republic of MA...

The best place to get info on Mass carry is the A. G.'s web sight, or call them. The way Mass. is I would not trust any info except straight from the horses ass, I mean mouth. To be safe you might want to carry a bat.

Ask about a dozen cops, then average what they said. Or do what I did, tell the Commonwealth to kiss my asterisk and move to Texas.

Good luck finding it, they are written pretty poorly. But as a general rule, no courthouses, schools. I go anywhere but those two places, unless it is a secure area like through airport security. As insane as MA is, you can carry concealed just about everywhere.

The best place to get info on Mass carry is the A. G.'s web sight, or call them. The way Mass. is I would not trust any info except straight from the horses ass, I mean mouth. To be safe you might want to carry a bat.

Ask about a dozen cops, then average what they said. Or do what I did, tell the Commonwealth to kiss my asterisk and move to Texas.

May work in other states but definitely not in Massachusetts. Most cops don't even know the laws and the AG can't be bothered. Obviously schools and federal buildings but also any mass port airport. Bars and drinking establishments are ok here as long as you aren't under the influence with a *loaded* firearm. I should add that the law does not give a specific limit of alcohol levels like it does driving though so keep that in mind.

Yes, you can't carry in a Massachusetts courthouse, but at least some courthouses have a place you can check in your pistol. They do this at the Worcester Courthouse and I imagine this is the case at all.

Mass GOAL, the Gun Owners' Action League is a good resource for information as well as training.

As for being under the influence of alcohol or drugs while carrying a loaded firearm, this will get you a mandatory 2 year change of address In Massachusetts.

I moved from Mass. to Florida a year ago which has much more reasonable firearms laws.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/massachusetts.pdf

Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
 Courthouses
 MGL 269.10 (j) elementary or secondary school, college or university
Part I. Administration of The Government
Title XIV. Public Ways and Works
Chapter 90. Motor Vehicles and Aircraft
Chapter 90: Section 61. Logan Airport security zone; access; penalties
Section 61. (a) Notwithstanding the provisions of any general or special law to the contrary, as a
matter of public safety and security, there is hereby created a security zone bordering the General
Edward Lawrence Logan Airport that shall include the area between the mean high water line of said
airport and a line measured 500 feet seaward of and parallel to said mean high water line from Wood
Island Basin to the easterly end of Jeffries Cove as shown on a plan entitled “Plan of General Edward
Lawrence Logan International Airport Security Zone” prepared by Massachusetts Port Authority
Capital Programs Department, April 2002.
Massachusetts Environmental Police Boat and Recreation Vehicle Safety Bureau publish an Off
Highway Vehicle Brochure which states this under Prohibited Operation:
“Operating with a loaded firearm, rifle, or shotgun.”
Note: So it looks to me like even if you have a Massachusetts Permit/License to Carry, even a No
Restrictions Permit/License, you can not carry when on an OHV. This would also include Snowmobiles.
blaze orange in a conspicuous manner during the hunting season. No Hunting or firearms are permitted
within the War Memorial Park, a 0.75 mile radius from the War Memorial Tower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back