CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

M&P9c Front Sight Drift

johnbergsing

Wednesday I noticed my front sight had drifted to the left about 1/16", a considerable distance. So, using a brass punch to avoid marring the finish, I tapped it back into alignment with the muzzle. I went to the range early this morning and put sixty rounds through it and guess what? While cleaning it minutes ago I noticed the sight had drifted back over to where I'd found it Wednesday.

I've had the gun less than a month so I'm not well pleased with my choice at this point. However, I will give S&W a chance to correct the problem. I will be calling them first thing Monday morning and getting it sent it for repair. I'll report back as things develop.

I've had that problem and a drop of blue locktite fixed it... great handgun, btw - I've put a couple thousand rounds thru mine...

What size punch did you use? My full size came from the factory drifted to the left.

the loc-tite will fix it, but if you want to send it back to SW do it.

it is your gun...I have SW9C LE package and man it works fine.

I got my sight back over in the center of the slide, now I just got to wait for warmer weather, so I can shoot and see if it drifts back over.

Email