M&P9c Front Sight Drift

johnbergsing

Wednesday I noticed my front sight had drifted to the left about 1/16", a considerable distance. So, using a brass punch to avoid marring the finish, I tapped it back into alignment with the muzzle. I went to the range early this morning and put sixty rounds through it and guess what? While cleaning it minutes ago I noticed the sight had drifted back over to where I'd found it Wednesday.

I've had the gun less than a month so I'm not well pleased with my choice at this point. However, I will give S&W a chance to correct the problem. I will be calling them first thing Monday morning and getting it sent it for repair. I'll report back as things develop.

I've had that problem and a drop of blue locktite fixed it... great handgun, btw - I've put a couple thousand rounds thru mine...

I've had that problem and a drop of blue locktite fixed it... great handgun, btw - I've put a couple thousand rounds thru mine...

QUICK, SIMPLE FIX
i6igis_th.jpg

Wednesday I noticed my front sight had drifted to the left about 1/16", a considerable distance. So, using a brass punch to avoid marring the finish, I tapped it back into alignment with the muzzle. I went to the range early this morning and put sixty rounds through it and guess what? While cleaning it minutes ago I noticed the sight had drifted back over to where I'd found it Wednesday.

I've had the gun less than a month so I'm not well pleased with my choice at this point. However, I will give S&W a chance to correct the problem. I will be calling them first thing Monday morning and getting it sent it for repair. I'll report back as things develop.

What size punch did you use? My full size came from the factory drifted to the left.

the loc-tite will fix it, but if you want to send it back to SW do it.

it is your gun...I have SW9C LE package and man it works fine.

I got my sight back over in the center of the slide, now I just got to wait for warmer weather, so I can shoot and see if it drifts back over.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back