Lucky Trip?

Ruger SR9c

I just finished the first half of a trip thru the Illinois "Zone of Possible Detention" going from Oklahoma to Indiana and back. Made it through w/o any problems, stops and/or dirty looks. Of course, I didn't stop anywhere except stop lights. I apologize, the sarcasm isn't intended, but thought I'd just make a comment of travel through "enemy" territory. We didn't even see any state or local police out. The return will be Sunday morning, so until then............

Clint:no::no:

As long as you have a permit from your home state, Just don't get out of your vehicle with your gun and you should be fine.

Currently the law does not require you to inform law enforcement if your pulled over, but there is a bill going through legislation that will change that if it passes.

However, if the officer were to ask you to get out of your vehicle, at that point I'd personally tell him I couldn't and then tell him it was because I was legally armed with a permit from my home state and per Illinois Law I was prohibited from exiting my vehicle with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back