LTCH delayed....

SouthernNDN

Called the ISP to check the status of my application. Was informed that unfortunately Anderson PD never hit the "transmit" button to send my info over to them. This has been the 8th day. He told me to let them know what was the point in paying the extra money for quick turn around if they aren't able to remember to click the button. I guess even their office personel are slow at completing their job duties.

I went up to the PD after getting off the phone to find out the "Records" dept is closed due to a broke A/C unit!? The officers and other personel I seen working didn't seem to have an issue with it. There was no date on their note informing the public of when they will reopen. I'm a little pissy to say the least. But we'll see what tomorrow brings. There's a reason why I've always dealt with the state instead of the local LE.

The message from the Anderson PD is clear to me. You forgot to 'tip'. The usual rule for tipping is 20% for 'better' service (read 'any'). However, donuts, danish, or other sweet snacks are preferred. I have found that home-made chocolate chip cookies really get great service from the local LEOs.

In this case, they are fishing for someone to repair their AC for free.

Today I called the Permit office, left a message on their recording. I just received a call back from a very
rude woman telling me, that my understanding of the transmission issue isn't correct. That she much first do a background check, then hand it off to the Chief who also has to do a background check and then he gives it back to her in which she then transmits it to the State Dept. She wanted to know who informed me of the turnaround time being so short when using L-1, I informed her it was the State Dept.

So, I called the State Dept, informed them of what I was told and they informed me to give her Supervisor a call and inform them of the time it is taking considering that after submission of the local payment turnaround time right now should be around 5 buisness days. So, now I believe I will give the Chief a call and let him know that it's taken his people a week to the day to get the application to him to do the background check and what I was informed as per the State Dept. And that according to his Dept L-1 means nothing as far as turnaround.

I'm certain I'll end up making the local LE mad before it's all over with.

Its all part of the background check... to assess your mental stability in the face of annoying people. Don't be too loud and angry, but also, don't be too cool and calm... that scare 'em too.
j/k

Its all part of the background check... to assess your mental stability in the face of annoying people. Don't be too loud and angry, but also, don't be too cool and calm... that scare 'em too.
j/k

That's the truth.

I'm usually never angry on the phone or with people in general. If I do end up getting angry, I usually verbalize my opinions in a stern voice with one of two options and leave it at that. I do have my days where I may tell someone to have their IQ rechecked. I must say, I do have issues with patience when it comes to people not being able to perform their job duties within a timely fashion.

I chuck this experience and my feelings up to never having lived within a town/city where it takes local officials hours to do, what it would take others minutes. Which is why when I have a need for a local law official I direct my calls to the local ISP post 10 minutes away. Usually within 5-10 minutes I not only have a State Trooper coming by but also a local and county as well.

Off subject. A few years ago my neighbors called the local PD, it took them ages to arrive. When they did show up, quite a few of us were standing in my yard, the neighbor asked why it took so long, in which case the officer never responded. Another one of my neighbors made it a point to tell another neighbor they call the ISP for their issues, since it doesn't end up taking them an hour to arrive. The local officer responded, "I think I'm done here" he then turned around got back into his cruiser and left. It was quite hilarious!

I stopped by the Gun Permit Office and spoke with the woman in charge. She informed me it takes 6 to 8 weeks for them to process the application. Can someone knowledgable on this, explain to me how it can take 6-8 weeks to do a back ground check? Why exactly they are part of the Electronic process, however still take the amount of time it would take had it been done the old way? I don't understand this. Why have people pay the extra money if it does absolutely nothing?????

I ended up calling the Chief and spoke with him. I inquired on why they are apart of the new electronic process if they aren't able to actually help speed the process up. I spoke with him for a good 20 minutes or so, he pulled my application out of a stack of two setting on his desk. He ended up going over the application with me and approved/signed the application. I was informed the application would be given back to the woman in charge of submitting them over to the ISP by the end of yesterday.

I have to say the Chief was great to speak with, and if I ever need their services again, I will take him up on his offer on calling him directly. Now I will wait to see how long it takes the woman in charge to actually hit the submit button on my application and do the transfer.

I have been waiting almost 10 weeks for my permit to come in. I didn't pay the extra fee to do electronic prints and now I'm wishing I had!! From what I hear from other people, it can take up to 10-12 weeks to get the LTCH back..as for what reason it takes that long, I don't know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back