CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Looking at an M&P

d_tilly

I am going into LE and was wondering what everybody thought on a duty weapon. I have been doing alott of research and and I was leaning to buy a S&W M&P 40 Pro. I was also wondering why they have been sending all their M&P carry and range kit overseas. Just curious on the last part and was wondering when they where going to start sending them back to all the local dealers?

I have an M&P 9mm that I use for IDPA and carry and I love it. I'd kind of like to move up to a 40 because sometimes when I hit a knock-down target, it doesn't fall unless I double-tap it. For carry purposes, I love all the rounds that it has available, and the interchangeable palm swells. I think you'll be very happy with your purchase.

The M&Ps are some very good guns. I have several of them and have used them as duty weapons. Are you studying to be LE? Hired? Looking at a department? Check what sidearm the department carries and look at that. There are a lot of departments that are going to the M&P. If this is just a gun that you want to get more comfortable shooting with and that is what fits your hand then I would say go with the M&P. Never hurts to have a couple of firearms that you can add to your collection. Know that when you do get hired on a lot of departments have a required firearm and most will provide it for you. There are some that will allow you to choose but you can't count on that.

I wouldn't really worry about the carry kit as the extras you get are probably not worth the wait or hassel trying to find them.

Get yourself a Glock instead.
Why exactly? They are very similar pistols. They are a polymer frame double action only striker fired weapon that are designed for duty use. If he likes the M&P then let him go with the M&P. Glocks are great guns but they feel like a brick in my hand and without some modifications they don't fit me very well. There are a lot of departments switching to the M&P and face it he probably will not be using this for duty anyway but more to get into shooting and do some training.

Well I am going to college right now but i will be applying at departments here in a year or so. I have been around guns all my life. I know glock is a good gun but it seems like everybody and their dad has one so I just like to be different. I will more than likely own a glock and a xdm after awhile. And the only reason I was waiting on the range kit was because it is priced 35 bucks higher than the gun itself and you get 3 clips, holster, mag holster, and the hard case it comes in. Thanks to all for puting in ur 2cents

Email