Looking at an M&P

d_tilly

I am going into LE and was wondering what everybody thought on a duty weapon. I have been doing alott of research and and I was leaning to buy a S&W M&P 40 Pro. I was also wondering why they have been sending all their M&P carry and range kit overseas. Just curious on the last part and was wondering when they where going to start sending them back to all the local dealers?

I have an M&P 9mm that I use for IDPA and carry and I love it. I'd kind of like to move up to a 40 because sometimes when I hit a knock-down target, it doesn't fall unless I double-tap it. For carry purposes, I love all the rounds that it has available, and the interchangeable palm swells. I think you'll be very happy with your purchase.

I am going into LE and was wondering what everybody thought on a duty weapon. I have been doing alott of research and and I was leaning to buy a S&W M&P 40 Pro. I was also wondering why they have been sending all their M&P carry and range kit overseas. Just curious on the last part and was wondering when they where going to start sending them back to all the local dealers?
The M&Ps are some very good guns. I have several of them and have used them as duty weapons. Are you studying to be LE? Hired? Looking at a department? Check what sidearm the department carries and look at that. There are a lot of departments that are going to the M&P. If this is just a gun that you want to get more comfortable shooting with and that is what fits your hand then I would say go with the M&P. Never hurts to have a couple of firearms that you can add to your collection. Know that when you do get hired on a lot of departments have a required firearm and most will provide it for you. There are some that will allow you to choose but you can't count on that.

I wouldn't really worry about the carry kit as the extras you get are probably not worth the wait or hassel trying to find them.

Get yourself a Glock instead.
Why exactly? They are very similar pistols. They are a polymer frame double action only striker fired weapon that are designed for duty use. If he likes the M&P then let him go with the M&P. Glocks are great guns but they feel like a brick in my hand and without some modifications they don't fit me very well. There are a lot of departments switching to the M&P and face it he probably will not be using this for duty anyway but more to get into shooting and do some training.

Well I am going to college right now but i will be applying at departments here in a year or so. I have been around guns all my life. I know glock is a good gun but it seems like everybody and their dad has one so I just like to be different. I will more than likely own a glock and a xdm after awhile. And the only reason I was waiting on the range kit was because it is priced 35 bucks higher than the gun itself and you get 3 clips, holster, mag holster, and the hard case it comes in. Thanks to all for puting in ur 2cents

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back