Look out Virginia

Hmmmm, so they want to ban assault weapons. What about rolling back concealed carry laws? What does that mean?

Way to go, libertarians, for electing McAuliffe rather than a Tea Party Republican conservative! TYRANNY reigns in Virginia as leftists attempt to roll back all the gun right gains of the past few years. I guess smoking pot and gay marriage was more important to libertarians than gun rights.... Poor Virginia is headed for Maryland-like gun laws.........

Hmmmm, so they want to ban assault weapons. What about rolling back concealed carry laws? What does that mean?

It means repealing any law allowing you to carry a firearm. They want guns gone. They're about as hyper-anti-gun as you can get.

Way to go, libertarians, for electing McAuliffe rather than a Tea Party Republican conservative! TYRANNY reigns in Virginia as leftists attempt to roll back all the gun right gains of the past few years. I guess smoking pot and gay marriage was more important to libertarians than gun rights.... Poor Virginia is headed for Maryland-like gun laws.........

way to contribute to the problem by laying blame instead of being part of the solution and trying to find a way to work with Libertarians instead of shunning them. You're also part of the problem by supporting a corrupt two-party system that's been broken for decades, by continuing to vote them back into office. Charles Barkley once said, "Poor people have been voting democrat for 50 years, and they're still poor!" What he failed to mention was the republicans still believing in small government, and voting voting for republican politicians who keep increasing the size of the government. You're never going to fix the problem by continuing the same cycle.

It means repealing any law allowing you to carry a firearm. They want guns gone. They're about as hyper-anti-gun as you can get.

way to contribute to the problem by laying blame instead of being part of the solution and trying to find a way to work with Libertarians instead of shunning them. You're also part of the problem by supporting a corrupt two-party system that's been broken for decades, by continuing to vote them back into office. Charles Barkley once said, "Poor people have been voting democrat for 50 years, and they're still poor!" What he failed to mention was the republicans still believing in small government, and voting voting for republican politicians who keep increasing the size of government. You're never going to fix the problem by continuing the same cycle.
And libertarianism is a morally corrupt philosophy that promotes anarchy and national immorality, and is responsible forfor electing progressives to public office, the Virginia Governor's Office a case in point. We must CHANGE the Republican Party as it was changed in 1980 by the Reagan Revolution, not switch to a half/liberal, half/conservative group that mustered 1% of the national popular vote.

There's nothing morally corrupt about believing in a person's liberty and rights, a small, constitutional federal government with limited powers, a free market, free from government interference, and personal responsibility above all else. That's waht Libertarianism is. Do what you want, as long as it doesn't affect someone else. I don't believe in forcing my views, morals, or agendas on others, and I sure as hell don't want anyone else forcing theirs on me. I am more than capable of making the best decisions about my own life. I don't require someone else, who doesn't know me and has never even met me, trying to decide what's best for me and every other person. What may be good for you, may not suit me at all. If you think you need a government to make your decisions and control your life for you, then it is only because you are weak and incapable of thinking for yourself. The current two-party system is too corrupt to fix. You want to talk about being morally bankrupt? Look at the current political debauchery you continue to happily support. I do not want to see this country being run by Hillary or Christie. Both are liberals, and neither one is fit for office. You're not going to change the curent parties. They're not controlled by you and me. They're run by large corporations, banks, and the like. Politicians don't really care what we the people want. It's a career power struggle for them, and nothing more. Free healthcare for life, 6 figure salaries, and they only work 3 months of the year. Who wouldn't want that job? Plus once you're in, it's nearly impossible to get tossed out. Incumbants almost always get re-elected.

Libertarianism supports homosexual marriage, legalizing prostitution and moonshine liquor, and allowing free access to dangerous drugs lile pot and cocaine. Personal liberty also requires a duty to society as a whole. Libertarianism will lead to libertinism, "every man doing what is right in his own eyes", just as it was in the day of the prophet Jeremiah. Libertarianism worships personal freedom and forgets man's first duty: to obey God. Man's "rights" are not more important than our duties to God. Libertarianism, taken to its logical extreme, exalts mankind and not God. Freedom comes from God, not from human philosophy, including libertarianism. I believe in small government, but not in the godlessness of libertarianism...

Libertarianism supports homosexual marriage, legalizing prostitution and moonshine liquor, and allowing free access to dangerous drugs lile pot and cocaine. Personal liberty also requires a duty to society as a whole. Libertarianism will lead to libertinism, "every man doing what is right in his own eyes", just as it was in the day of the prophet Jeremiah. Libertarianism worships personal freedom and forgets man's first duty: to obey God. Man's "rights" are not more important than our duties to God. Libertarianism, taken to its logical extreme, exalts mankind and not God. Freedom comes from God, not from human philosophy, including libertarianism. I believe in small government, but not in the godlessness of libertarianism...

and there's your problem right there. You ignore separation of church and state. Same problem the entire nation of Islam shares with you. You're still under the assumption that you, or some other stranger knows better what's good for me than I do myself. You cannot legislate morality. It doesn't work. What you can legislate is punishment for the results of your actions to others. I was hoping to hae a rational discussion with you. Then you went and dragged organized religion into it. :headshake:

and there's your problem right there. You ignore separation of church and state. Same problem the entire nation of Islam shares with you. You're still under the assumption that you, or some other stranger knows better what's good for me than I do myself. You cannot legislate morality. It doesn't work. What you can legislate is punishment for the results of your actions to others. I was hoping to hae a rational discussion with you. Then you went and dragged organized religion into it. :headshake:

You seem to be an intelligent person so please show me in the US Constitution where it mentions anything about a separation between Church and State. What the constitution does say is that some idiot libertarian cannot prevent me from believing the way I want to believe. It is time to put a stop to this "wall of separation" nonsense. Libertarians are a big big problem. They do not think although they think they are very smart...okay what idiot would vote against his best interests. Any and all libertarians that vote a libertarian ticket do nothing but cut off their nose to spite their faces. Libertarians will never win anything but a prize at the bottom of a cracker jacks box. You will never get a conservative or a liberal to vote for your candidate. You will always find yourselves in the ash heap of losers...every election. Libs will win some and conservatives will win some...libertarians will never win some (of anything). So rather than vote ya'll should just stay in your mothers basement and smoke pot!

one small error you made is thinking that a libertarian would try to tell you to do anything. they're more interested in being left alone. I am fairly intelligent. top 99.8th percentile. for what it's worth, if Rand Paul is the Rep nominee, I'll vote republican. I will never, for any reason, ever vote dem. Every policy ever conceived by a democrat appears to have been a knee jerk reaction to something based on nothing but emotion, with an abject failure to think about the consequences of their own actions. Like playing chess and never thinking further ahead than your next move. I couldn't care les about drug use. Never used, no plans to. That said, if drugs were legalized, it would pull the rug out from under the cartels, probably do away with the majority of gang revenue, and allow for quality control. Not all bad things. I don't see either party fixing the biggest problems government seems to have though, like the Fed for example, getting rid of the department of education that's destroyed our public school systems since the Carter administration.. stuff like that.

I don't ignore separation of church and state, Glasswolf. Baptist people practically invented it. We believe in an imprenetrable wall of separation that keeps government out of the church. What you (and most libertarians) don't understand is that it is a one-way wall. Government has no power over the exercise of religion, but government can't tell people of religion how to vote or what to think. It removes a governmental influence from the church, but not the religious influence from the government. And, like the man says, libertarianism has never won anything and has never governed. "Not telling anyone what to do" sounds great, but never works in practice. When the godly fail or refuse to lead, the ungodly are all too willing to step in and be our tyrants. Libertarianism is just another form of liberalism, a trojan horse pulled into the conservative camp to defeat freedom, not promote liberty. Have you explored any of the nutty position libertarianism has taken over the past 50 years, like against protecting the border and for prostitution? I respect your position, but I stand firmly against both liberalism and libertarianism...

Glass...the public education system is why we home schooled our daughter for the full 12 years. She was testing in 11th grade when she was in third grade. So I am with you on education. Government is regulating us out of existence for sure. I am not with you on the drug fix at all. In the 60's I was a virtual trash can when it comes to drugs. The only thing I never did was stick a needle in my arm...didn't want to become a drug addict. That is how drug use make you think. Libertarians will never fix the country's ills. Why? Because they will never be given the reigns of power, primarily because of their stands on drug issues and social issues. Ya might as well get used to it...we don't want more drugs just so we can get an abortion and marry our butt buddy. Conservatives will never let you in the mighty houses of secular worship and neither will the liberals. I am sorry but you just can't have it all and you never will. Man is constructed to be both wise and hedonistic. You have chosen your side and your side will always fail!

Ya might as well get used to it...we don't want more drugs just so we can get an abortion and marry our butt buddy.

Man is constructed to be both wise and hedonistic. You have chosen your side and your side will always fail!
Amen. Well said....... Switch sides, Glasswolf! Conservatives need you!!! Libertarianism is a tool of liberalism. Don't be their tool....

I don't ignore separation of church and state, Glasswolf. Baptist people practically invented it. We believe in an imprenetrable wall of separation that keeps government out of the church. What you (and most libertarians) don't understand is that it is a one-way wall. Government has no power over the exercise of religion, but government can't tell people of religion how to vote or what to think. It removes a governmental influence from the church, but not the religious influence from the government. And, like the man says, libertarianism has never won anything and has never governed. "Not telling anyone what to do" sounds great, but never works in practice. When the godly fail or refuse to lead, the ungodly are all too willing to step in and be our tyrants. Libertarianism is just another form of liberalism, a trojan horse pulled into the conservative camp to defeat freedom, not promote liberty. Have you explored any of the nutty position libertarianism has taken over the past 50 years, like against protecting the border and for prostitution? I respect your position, but I stand firmly against both liberalism and libertarianism...

and herein lies the problem. You seem to be under the impression that morals and organized religion are one and the same. Just because I may not go to church 3 times a week, doesn't mean I don't have strong morals. I still don't believe that religion should dictate governance. Just look at how that's worked out for nations subject to Sharia law. Religion is a tricky thing. The belief in an imaginary uber-being telling me what to do is dangerously close to schitzophrenia. Reason and logic can dictate strong morals as easily as an organized religion.

Glass...the public education system is why we home schooled our daughter for the full 12 years. She was testing in 11th grade when she was in third grade. So I am with you on education. Government is regulating us out of existence for sure. I am not with you on the drug fix at all. In the 60's I was a virtual trash can when it comes to drugs. The only thing I never did was stick a needle in my arm...didn't want to become a drug addict. That is how drug use make you think. Libertarians will never fix the country's ills. Why? Because they will never be given the reigns of power, primarily because of their stands on drug issues and social issues. Ya might as well get used to it...we don't want more drugs just so we can get an abortion and marry our butt buddy. Conservatives will never let you in the mighty houses of secular worship and neither will the liberals. I am sorry but you just can't have it all and you never will. Man is constructed to be both wise and hedonistic. You have chosen your side and your side will always fail!

and this is where republicans and democrats tend to blur the line between their parties. Both seem to believe that they have a morally superior right to tell others how to live. I don't feel I need someone else to tell me what to do. I'm a responsible adult, and I am more than capable of making good decisions based on fact, instead of having someone else force their values on me. If it's you telling me what I can or can't do, or will do, or Michael Bloomberg doing it, what's the difference? This is where tyranny rears it's ugly head, and liberty is destroyed in the name of us versus them.

Hey, I was raised a conservative, and still have mostly conservative values, but I was never really against abortion, and never felt that what a person does in their own home is someone else's business if it's not hurting anyone. Too slippery of a slope to stand on there. The moral high ground is standing on a pile of banana peels. I may not like gays, but I don't think it's my right to hang them from a tree for it. People fear things that are different. That's led to a lot of abuse over the span of history, and I've been the recipient of that fear a few times myself, simply for having a disease that someone else doesn't have. When I was in elementary school, I, and a friend with leukemia was made to eat our lunches in the coat closet so we "wouldn't upset the other children." Was that the right thing to do? according to my parents, no. According to the teacher? yes. What it boiled down to was one person forcing their phobia on someone else to the detriment of someone weaker than them. It's bullying. Not unlike the whole "nyah nyah you'll never get into office because we've structured the electoral process to exclude all third party candidates" thing.

Something just occured to me. This two-party system is a lot like obamacare. You're forced to accept a lot of things you don't want, to get the few things you may want or need, because of a government that has gotten out of control of the people. Just imagine if people running for office could be elected based on what they believe or represent, instead of putting party labels on them and only being given the two choices the government elite has chosen for us, while in the end the government still goes on getting what it wants, while the citizenry is given the illusion of choice and freedom.

Liberals believe in a strong central government, like Hamilton did. Conservatives claim to believe in a small central government, not unlike our founding fathers. Here's the rub: republicans, while claiming to support small government, get into office, and instead of reducing the size of the federal government, instead just continue, term after term, just throw more and more laws onto the pile of existing laws, in an attempt to force everyone into their way of seeing things. Ironically, that's exactly the same thing the democrats do when in office. Both just add to the ever growing expansion of big government. Big government must continue to expand to support it's ever growing girth and expansion. It's the old story of Ouroboros. The sad part is that in the end, neither party really has the people at the heart of it's interest.

I refuse to vote for one party simply because it's that party. That's just mindless sheep mentality. I vote for the person because I believe in what they stand for. If Paul ends up on the ticket, I'd probably vote for him. If Christie ends up the 2016 republican candidate, I'd have a really hard time voting for him, just like I didn't like McCain. Both believe in strong gun control, for starters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back