Live Fire Training for Handgun Carriers

bofh

Banned
Watch this interesting live fire training video for handgun carriers by TheFireArmGuy. The concept is rather simple. You and your opponent stand next to each other in different booths with shooting lanes that cross each other in an angle. A non-glass mirror in the crossing point of the shooting lanes allows both to see, interact and shoot at each other without violating firearms safety. Note the range safety officer standing right next to the TheFireArmGuy to check for a proper draw.

A few things are missing. First, I doubt that TheFireArmGuy is an open carrier (based on previous videos). Train like you fight. Second, there is no movement by TheFireArmGuy. Even on a range with shooting lanes you can do a sidestep or two while drawing.

Watch this interesting live fire training video for handgun carriers by TheFireArmGuy. The concept is rather simple. You and your opponent stand next to each other in different booths with shooting lanes that cross each other in an angle. A non-glass mirror in the crossing point of the shooting lanes allows both to see, interact and shoot at each other without violating firearms safety. Note the range safety officer standing right next to the TheFireArmGuy to check for a proper draw.

A few things are missing. First, I doubt that TheFireArmGuy is an open carrier (based on previous videos). Train like you fight. Second, there is no movement by TheFireArmGuy. Even on a range with shooting lanes you can do a sidestep or two while drawing.

It's quite possible the firearms guy went all "deer in the headlights" and forgot to move.

In the video I saw the trainee brought his arms up to shield himself and hit the deck.
He didn't even try to engage.

I don't like the fact that the first scenario didn't really give him the option of walking away or continuing to move instead of engaging with the guy

It's quite possible the firearms guy went all "deer in the headlights" and forgot to move.

Possible, I do not know his level of training or practice.

In the video I saw the trainee brought his arms up to shield himself and hit the deck.
He didn't even try to engage.

Which video? I know that this technology is heavily marketed right now, so there are other videos out there. If one receives the right level of training and practices it, drawing the firearm becomes an automatic response. This leads to other issues, as explained in your comment and my corresponding reply below.

I don't like the fact that the first scenario didn't really give him the option of walking away or continuing to move instead of engaging with the guy

I agree, these trainings are not designed to for that, because the concept originates with the Link Removed that uses a screen and a pre-recorded video. I do think that over time, in addition to shoot/don't-shoot scenarios, walking away scenarios will become part of such training as live human beings are used. This is similar to force-on-force training, which is also interactive.

Which video? I know that this technology is heavily marketed right now, so there are other videos out there. If one receives the right level of training and practices it, drawing the firearm becomes an automatic response. This leads to other issues, as explained in your comment and my corresponding reply below.

I don't know I saw it on Facebook.

I went back and looked, Oleg Volk posted it. He's planning to go through the course and review it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back