Letter to the Congress

Tea For One

Hello Friends,

I am posting this sample letter you can send to your elected representatives.

God bless, TFO

The Honorable

Washington, D.C.

Dear :

I am writing to you this day to bring to your attention points of no small concern to me, and, indeed, to The United States of America. It is both an honor and a privilege to be able to directly contact the men and women who serve as elected representatives of We, The People.
I respectfully submit these most grave concerns to you, and beg you to read them with careful and patient attention. These concerns are lain before you as follows:
The United States Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights are sacred documents, granting certain unalienable rights to every citizen of this country, rights by which we are endowed by our Creator. However, never before in our country has there existed such a blatant assault on these documents as has occurred in the last two years.
I therefore call upon you to fulfill your sacred oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
The Federal government’s reckless spending threatens to engulf the very heart and soul of this nation. We are heading towards the edge of a cliff of financial insolvency, and at breakneck speed. The interest alone on our National Debt can scarcely be paid off, and in the coming years, it will destroy this Nation if current spending practices are not halted. And yet, the Congress continues to give itself pay increases! Many elected officials continue to receive a large monthly salary, and for the rest of their lives after serving only one term!
Our Founding Fathers intended for there to be NO career politicians, but rather, that elected officials would serve for a defined period of time, and then return to their civilian lives. Washington has become the antithesis of the integrity and moral fiber exhibited by our Founding Fathers.
I therefore call upon you to fulfill your sacred oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and hold to that standard, NO exceptions.
The Un-Constitutional juggernaut of ObamaCare threatens to take away many of the liberties upon which our country was founded, and yet the Congress has voted to exempt itself from that requirement, while the members thereof receive the benefits of a private health insurance plan that is second to none. Nancy Pelosi said the Bill needed to be passed so that we could see what was in it. Our Founding Fathers would turn in their graves. In fact, they would have revolted.
Our Constitution asserts that we are endowed by our Creator with the unalienable rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, yet ObamaCare provides for Federal funding for abortions, which would thus deprive unborn human beings of these very rights, beginning with the right to Life. How can the members of the Congress stand before the Lord God Almighty in good conscience after having allowed such an atrocity to be rammed down the throats of We, The People?
I therefore call upon you to fulfill your sacred oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, and to defend the rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, including that of the unborn.
Then-Senator Obama, while campaigning for President, PROMISED that all legislation would be posted online for a minimum of FIVE DAYS before being voted upon, and that deliberations in Congress would be televised on C-SPAN. This would give We, The People the chance to learn about proposed legislation and provide our elected officials in D.C. with feedback on that proposed legislation BEFORE it is passed. Instead, this has not been done, not even once. Bills have been passed left and right, thousands of pages of them, without We, The People ever having had the chance to read them or learn the details of these documents that so radically and directly affect our lives.
Our Founding Fathers established a government system with checks and balances in order to prevent any one part of government from amassing too much power. Now we have seen the executive branch of our Federal government getting way too big for its britches, so to speak, and blatantly disregarding the intentions of our Founders.
I call upon you to take a stand in defense of our country and to re-establish the proper balance of power between the branches of government, and set them all back at the feet of We, The People, for whom you were elected to work.
The United States of America has become a laughing stock to the world, with countries like China laughing as they watch our government’s reckless deficit spending gradually lead to devaluation and, ultimately, the collapse of the U.S. dollar, as if they were watching a train wreck in slow motion. The principle of compounded interest threatens to lead to such astronomical interest on our national debt as to become impossible to repay.
I therefore call upon you to fulfill your sacred oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. Our government should not spend one penny that it doesn’t have. Period. NO exceptions. Printing more money will only lead to hyper-inflation. U.S. currency has not been fully backed by precious metals since the 1960s, and yet the printing presses are in full swing! It is your responsibility to help stop this madness.
The expression, “For the People, by the People” rings true to this day. This was a principle that meant everything to our Founders. Before leaving office, President Washington warned the Congress of the dangers of the development of political parties, possessing the foresight and wisdom to know that ultimately, bickering and party-line politics would cause many in Congress to lose sight of the best interests of those for whom they work- We, The People. What has happened to our government in the last several years?
I call upon you to take a stand and put a stop to this nonsense. NOW.
Though well-intentioned at first, by some accounts, the IRS and the Federal income tax are Un-Constitutional and represent no less than an all-out, blatant attack upon State Sovereignty, a principle well-recognized by Thomas Jefferson.
I therefore call upon you to fulfill your sacred oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and to stop this madness.
The ever-growing reality of Islamic terrorism and their intentions for implementation of Sharia Law are a looming and horrific attack on our country’s national sovereignty. Already in Europe, Sharia courts are being established, and in many European countries, it is now against the law to mention any aspect of Islam in a negative light. Many in our government are walking on eggshells, afraid to offend Muslims! Who cares what they think? This is America! What an outrage! Where are the spines of our politicians? What would Teddy Roosevelt say about this?
Our porous southern border is an absolute atrocity. Mexico is laughing at us, while its crime pours over our border and into our country. The drug cartels down there at the border are cutting people’s heads off and putting them on sticks, and some of them are Americans! Yet our government seems unwilling to attack this. Is this somehow related to the growing whispers of an eventual North American Union? Do you know about this? Did you know about the book recently found in the Arizona desert, published in IRAN, commemorating the lives and martyrdom of Islamic suicide bombers? What will you do when the Islamic suicide bombers begin to blow themselves up in crowded American shopping centers, sporting events, and elsewhere in our society? By then, it will be TOO LATE.
I call upon you to fulfill your sacred oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, and to protect our National Sovereignty. Close our borders, and ship all illegal aliens (who are criminals) OUT of our country.
And what happened to the old slogan, “Made in the U.S.A”? Our government has, over the years, created policies that favor the outsourcing of American manufacturing jobs overseas. That was traditionally the backbone of our economy during much of the 20th Century. Why will our government not step up to the plate and turn this around?
I call upon you to stand up and defend this country from the dangers from within and from without, including economic ones.
President Obama is now beginning to talk about “gun control”. We will respectfully submit to you that gun control is not about guns; it is about control. The second Amendment clearly grants (law-abiding) United States citizens the right to both keep and bear arms, and it promises that that right “shall not be infringed”. There are already reasonable steps in place, such as NICS background checks, required of United States citizens prior to purchasing firearms. This is good and proper, and necessary to help keep firearms away from those who are not deserving of the right to keep and bear arms. This is sufficient. NO further restrictions are necessary, such as restrictions on the ammunition capacity of magazines, the availability of certain types of semi-automatic firearms, and onerous regulations that would make ammunition harder to purchase and more expensive. If firearms are taken from the hands of law-abiding citizens, the only people who will have them will be the criminals, who will ALWAYS have access to firearms and will NEVER respect our country’s laws.
I call upon you to fulfill your sacred oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America, and, in so doing, to stand up to protect the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.
Lastly, we live in a nation at whose center the Lord God Almighty once existed. God is being rapidly pushed to the periphery of our society, and, in countless ways, many are working in this world to minimize the Lord’s influence on human society. They do this to their peril. The Bible says that “God is not mocked”. Although it seems no longer politically correct to publicly acknowledge God, we will share a verse (written below) from II Chronicles, Chapter 7, and verse 14. Perhaps never before in America’s history has this verse been more appropriate than it is now. I urge you to take this to heart and reflect on the wisdom of God spoken here, wisdom that can elevate a country from insignificance to greatness.
Let me encourage you to stand up and transform this broken country (and then after a defined period of time, go back to your civilian job and leave Washington, as our Founders intended). In fact, I INSIST that you do.
Sincerely and Respectfully Yours,

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back