Leg holsters

FrankD1970

What to use? I have a Taurus Slum 9 mm. How do I know what holster to use? I am interested in the leg type.

What to use? I have a Taurus Slum 9 mm. How do I know what holster to use? I am interested in the leg type.

Hmm...I seem to have missed that model of Taurus in their catalog. Could you have meant "Slim 9," as in 709 Slim 9? If so, do you also mean the drop leg holsters you see soldiers and some cops wear? If that's the type holster you're talking about, I think you'll find your choices pretty much limited to one of the Universal types, as I know of none of the major manufacturers that have drop leg holsters specifically for the 709 series. The next question is why you would even want one of those holsters for a 709, as that pistol is aimed primarily at the concealed carry market. Besides, take this from someone who has worn one of those drop-leg holsters, they aren't as cool as you think.

Besides, take this from someone who has worn one of those drop-leg holsters, they aren't as cool as you think.

That's the gawd awful truth. Don't even try to run with one!

Edit - About the only place that I see an advantage to this kind of holster is if you are carrying a backpack with a waist belt. This makes it impossible to carry on your belt, but there are other options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back