Is it simply not reported by the media?

hogwylde

Or has a Massachusetts home owner never shot an intruder? (Yes I am being sarcastic)

I set up a Google alert (nationwide) for when a homeowner shoots an intruder and I get at least 5 emails per day. I later decided to fine tune my search to Massachusetts residents primarily because I was interested in reading if they were found to have lawfully shot an intruder by the court of law....and can't find anything. Nor have I ever gotten one single "alert" from Google.

So I have to ask.

Can anybody show me where I can read about a Massachusetts resident being found NOT GUILTY after shooting a home intruder?

Massachusetts has a Castle Law. You don't have to retreat if someone breaks into your home. You neutralize the threat as quickly as possible.

despite the current hysteria home invasions are quite rare and usually involve either drugs or people in cash businesses like restaurant owners who are know to bring large sums of cash home.

Section 8A. In the prosecution of a person who is an occupant of a dwelling charged with killing or injuring one who was unlawfully in said dwelling, it shall be a defense that the occupant was in his dwelling at the time of the offense and that he acted in the reasonable belief that the person unlawfully in said dwelling was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon said occupant or upon another person lawfully in said dwelling, and that said occupant used reasonable means to defend himself or such other person lawfully in said dwelling. There shall be no duty on said occupant to retreat from such person unlawfully in said dwelling.
Massachusetts has a Castle Law. You don't have to retreat if someone breaks into your home. You neutralize the threat as quickly as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back