CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

I Want A New Hunting Knife

Scarecrow

I am looking for a decent hunting knife with a gut hook that will last a while. I am sure the cheaper I go the less quality steel I will get. but I don't think I need the best of the best either unless there is a heck of a deal on it. something in the middle would probably work fine that keeps a decent edge. any recommendations from experience is appreciated. thanks for any input.

I have a Buck Folding Alpha Hunter. I've had it foe about 8 yeary and it still is as hsarp as the day I got it. (with minimal sharpening...maybe once a year I sharpen it.) I didn't pay what they have it listed for on their website. I think I paid $60 for it at Bass Pro. BUCKI have the rubber grip with the gut hook.

Hay 'Crow, I got the same Buck Alpha Hunter a couple years ago. The Nephew used it last fall to gut his spike horn and it worked just fine. It was pretty easy to clean and stayed sharp. I heard about them from another hunter friend in Wisconsin and was what he was starting to use. The only negative I can find is it is heavy.

Try A Buck Vanguard,they make them with gut hooks,but i think its called a zipper? I've been using a Vanguard for 3 years or so, I can typically skin 5 or 6 deer before it needs sharpening. And then just a few passes over a ceramic stone gets it back in shaving condition. Good Luck . Got mine for around 50 bucks.

Buck mini Vanguard

Dont know whether or not you picked a new knife yet or not . I just picked a Buck Mini Vanguard at Bass Pro,this is the knife that they should've come out with first instead of the larger version. I love this knife! Perfect size,well balanced. And yes they make it in the zipper model as well!
Good Luck

Email