How to do a proper FTF xfer?

snatale42

I listed my house gun on gunlistings.org, and was wondering is the a "correct" way to conduct a FTF transfer? I was thinking a drivers lic and there CHP and make the buyer sign a bill of sale like you would a car? Never done one so I got no clue. Also is there any liability on my end doing an FTF instead of an FFL?

In Virginia, the only requirement is that you have no reason to believe that the buyer is ineligible to purchase the firearm. No CHP, no DL, no Bill of Sale is required.

As to the second part of your question, I really cannot think of any advantage to paying an FFL to handle the transfer.

If you really want to cover yourself, require a Voter Registration Card. Not everyone has a CCW, but anyone who can legally vote can legally buy a gun.

Jim

jimbobborg:184372 said:
If you really want to cover yourself, require a Voter Registration Card. Not everyone has a CCW, but anyone who can legally vote can legally buy a gun.

Jim

Not true. If you are felon you can get your right to vote restored without having your gun rights restored.

Jim
Anyone who is willing to lie can get a voter registration card. There is no proof of anything required to register to vote. This is the loop hole that ACORN exploited to the extreme.
All that is required is a signature that says. "I declare that all the above information is true under penalty of law" (paraphrased)
So you register with a phony name, address, dob etc and viola you are registered. You register 5 or 10 times and you get 5 or 10 votes.
Heck you can be an 18 year old looking 16 year old and get registered. If anyone questions it, they are committing voter suppression, so no one does.

That is the dirty little secret about all the Voter ID bull that the press is regurgitating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back