Holster for dress clothes?

Reese.holle

Hey everyone! I'm brand new to Concealed carry. I have a ruger lcp I. I need to have an iwb holster that's tuckable for work. What options should I be looking at?

There's plenty of them out there to choose from but if you want an inside the waistband holster, you're probably gonna have to get a size bigger waist pants. I carry a Ruger LC9S in an alien gear cloak tuck 3.0 and it's comfortable all day long in my work jeans. Of course, my work jeans are size bigger than my dress jeans, tho. Unless it's in the summer or warm enough in the winter to wear my big-pocketed cargo shorts, I can't even wear my gun with my dress pants.

But back to holsters, I'm sure they're all pretty much about the same unless other members chime in with their personal experiences with whatever they've tried and owned.

I've only tried one and, I really like this alien gear. Fairly priced, and they give you a full 30-day trial period to see if it's gonna work for you. Plus, I think you have a lifetime warranty on th holster and you have a free (you pay the shipping) kydex shell replacement if you ever sell the gun you originally bought the holster for or if you switch to another carry pistol.

I don't think you'll go wrong with an alien gear but, I hear those crossbreed holsters are good, the king tuck holster to name a couple are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good article but, lemmie get this straight; his shirttail got in the way and got hooked on the trigger as he holstered his gun, right? So that as he bent forward to sit down in his car, the forward bending pulled up on the shirttail, which in turned pulled back on the trigger resulting in the neglegent discharge, correct? If that's the case, whether it was a specifically molded shell or a one-size-fits-most holster, anybody would run into the risk of getting something caught and pulled into the holster if they holstered the gun last, after they are wearing th holster. Especially if you got one of them jackets with the draw-strings on the bottom. Even tho my little Ruger is not the Pro model that just relys on the trigger safety(which possibly could've prevented him from getting another couple holes in his ass), my gun is always in the holster first, then I slip the holster hooks over my waistband, button and zip my pants and then put my belt on, all in that particular order, for that very reason.

Good article but, lemmie get this straight; his shirttail got in the way and got hooked on the trigger as he holstered his gun, right? So that as he bent forward to sit down in his car, the forward bending pulled up on the shirttail, which in turned pulled back on the trigger resulting in the neglegent discharge, correct? If that's the case, whether it was a specifically molded shell or a one-size-fits-most holster, anybody would run into the risk of getting something caught and pulled into the holster if they holstered the gun last, after they are wearing th holster. Especially if you got one of them jackets with the draw-strings on the bottom. Even tho my little Ruger is not the Pro model that just relys on the trigger safety(which possibly could've prevented him from getting another couple holes in his ass), my gun is always in the holster first, then I slip the holster hooks over my waistband, button and zip my pants and then put my belt on, all in that particular order, for that very reason.

The bigger issue is that nylon and leather IWB holsters collapse when there is no firearm in it, thus making the process of holstering rather complicated and error prone. The article mentions shirt bunching as a guess as the person had no idea what actually happened.

That's why modern firearms instructors teach holstering with soft IWB holsters the same way they teach holstering with pocket holsters: take the holster out, put the firearm in the holster, and then put the firearm with the holster back in.

The bigger issue is that nylon and leather IWB holsters collapse when there is no firearm in it, thus making the process of holstering rather complicated and error prone. The article mentions shirt bunching as a guess as the person had no idea what actually happened.

I didn't reread it but that's what it appeared as to me.

But yeah, below is a good example of what you are taking about.
c5f80348e0691511ad6c0c22afee96b4.jpg

That's why modern firearms instructors teach holstering with soft IWB holsters the same way they teach holstering with pocket holsters: take the holster out, put the firearm in the holster, and then put the firearm with the holster back in.

Yep. Even with my desantis pocket holster, the gun gets holstered before the holster goes in the pocket.

I just recently bought me a leather holster that supposedly can be used as an open carry or even an IWB holster but, since you posted that, it's pretty much only going to be used as my mattress holster and the occasional range holster for my Beretta.
4bd62fceaf1622cdf0584d6859f3815e.jpg

Holster suggestion

Hey everyone! I'm brand new to Concealed carry. I have a ruger lcp I. I need to have an iwb holster that's tuckable for work. What options should I be looking at?

OP, since your looking for a tuckable holster for a very small gun, my personal recommendation is at Cooks Tuckable IWB. My recommendation isn't based on the fact that I own one, although I do, I own more than 100 holsters since I own the largest concealed carry shop in Southern California Packin' Fur Defense in Mission Viejo and Lake Forest. Well obviously you could buy the holster from me, you could also buy it directly from Cooks Holsters. The key is to know how to order it.

You haven't said how you like to carry it. Regardless of where around the waist you want to carry the holster it would be ordered [Tuckable, IWB, Adjustable, (Right or Left Hand) As noted I carry a number of carry systems, and have a range of holsters. If I am going tuckable, I usually go Cooks, regardless of the size of my gun. For your LCP you will be able to carry anywhere on your body. The Cooks holster ordered as stated above, cants to any angle that works for you. This can be really important if you carry at the 3 O'clock as I do, when dealing with seat belts. You should be able to draw one handed with the belt in place, no problem. This holster is tuckable. It is depth adjustable, really important if you are going to carry Appendix or centerline.

If you carry between 4 O'clock and 8 O'clock, essentially behind the back which for a number of reasons I discourage, you will want to know if you want grip up or down. If your not sure, you order the holster ambidextrous rather than right or left handed. What happens here is the team puts mulitpoint adjustment holes on both sides.

I sell a lot of holsters, I fix a lot of holsters, I don't have very many returns ever of the Cooks holsters.

Good luck, stay safe, and feel free to call us if you have questions.

I did order a Cook's for a 45 Shield, be here tomorrow, I am not a IWB fan but as posted above I don't want a collapsed holster when I do wear one, so I do believe in Kydex. A LCP seems awful small for IWB, but probably as I always pocket carry mine. (in a pocket holster)
Back to Kydex I prefer Kydex to be no thicker than .080, if you move up to .093 it gets too stiff and that hurts you and the gun. If you wear out your .080 Kydex holster most companies will fix or replace it free.
I do have a High Noon Leather holster for my little 1911, it has a interior Kydex(?) support channel to allow easy sight clearance and to hold the holster open when empty, it is sewn in so it won't shift. I am a slave to style ;)
Virtually all my pocket holsters are Leather while some are from Galco or Bianchi, most are from RKBA, their pocket holsters are thicker molded leather, with leather 'hooks' on either end. the 'hooks' grab the front or rear of your pocket, keeping the holster in the pocket while the gun draws easily. Galco and Bianchi are softer leather with only one 'hook' toward the grip, not as ideal to me. The stiffer leather of the RKBA looks more like a wallet than the others
It takes about two weeks to get a holster from Cooks and High Noon, I have a number of Alien Gear and they have about a one week turnaround, Crossbreed special order took three weeks, Bianchi less than two weeks, Galco eight weeks (For a pocket holster), RKBA usually six weeks (worth the wait I think)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back