Help choosing holster for my wife!

Countryboy26047

Hi everyone, first I would like to say that, while this is my first post to this forum, I have been a long-time reader and use your site for a lot of reference! I love the information I have gotten here!

With that being said, I have been doing a LOT of reading as of late in regards to holsters. My wife has been shooting now for a bout 3yrs. and has finally decided she wants to take classes and obtain her CCWL! :biggrin: She has a couple different semi-auto's, but her primary one is an M&P Shield 9mm. I want to "surprise" her and buy her a holster for it. I had my mind set on getting her a stickyholster to try out due to the versatility of clothing options. She tends to wear a variety of blue jeans, but also wear's yoga pants quite often as well. Problem is, I am also in the market for a new holster and I'm going with an AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3.0. They have a deal going where you can purchase two separate holsters for a good price, which now has me debating, do I get her the sticky to try out first, or just get two cloak-tucks right off the bat? Obviously I can get her both, but I want to try and make sure the first one I get her is going to please her and get her into the habit of actually carrying on her person. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

P.S. her body size is approx. 5'2", around 125-130lbs. well distributed.

Alien gear holster are very comfortable not bad on price and made in the USA I've carried many different holsters over the years I'm very happy with this holster the longer one is inside waistband the other is outside
welcome to the forum from Ga

c31626b83bed5d1181d23d6bf9cf5185.jpg

Thanks for your input and the welcome! I have been doing a ton more research, reading and thinking about this since I posted this thread... I actually talked to my wife when I got home from work today, and told her of my idea... Once we both talked it over, we decided it would be for the best to try our best to find somewhere for her to go and try on as many different options as possible, and let her make the final decision.. As much as I love to surprise her with things, I also realized that I probably wouldn't be too thrilled if someone randomly bought me a holster not having any clue as to what I like.

Just like 'picking' a gun for the wifey..... she don't like it (regardless of how great it is), she won't carry it.

The best holster for your wife, the one she likes. (And like most of us, she will probably buy several before she finds the one she likes)

She'll probably end up like the rest of us and buy Some that end up just not working. I find the sticky holster great for most things. However, on the rare occasion that I wear a dress, I use a handbag with a separate compartment just for my gun. (I have both dressy and casual models). I have practiced and can draw, present and fire in 3 seconds or less from the handbag. Guess what I'm saying is that your wife may find different holsters for different situations.

Let your wife decide on her own gun and also the way she carries, men often just don't understand how different it can be. Females just have a different way to carry, body shape, comfort, arm length, cloths she may wear, etc. There are many articles on buying holsters just for women that may help her decide what best works for her specifically. And yes she'll probably go through several to find one that fits most her needs. If she does decide to go the purse route then for good classy one can end up being hundreds, get something special for her then.

My tip is this, carrying in your purse is a total pain in the butt! It makes an already heavy purse even heavier and when you carry it your constantly nervous because you are afraid to put it down since you are carrying a loaded firearm and your afraid some kid will pick it up or someone could snatch it. And you don't want to have to defend the second amendment every time some fool sees you unzip your purse. I ended up getting myself a belly band. I wear a lot of Tunic style tops that are sheer. Undereath I wear a black camisole or black tank top. Combining a black cami with a black belly band and a black gun, even if my top is see through you don't see it. I love my belly band! Also go to The Well Armed Woman, Where the Feminine and Firearms Meet

Love my Sticky Holster

Hi everyone, first I would like to say that, while this is my first post to this forum, I have been a long-time reader and use your site for a lot of reference! I love the information I have gotten here!

With that being said, I have been doing a LOT of reading as of late in regards to holsters. My wife has been shooting now for a bout 3yrs. and has finally decided she wants to take classes and obtain her CCWL! :biggrin: She has a couple different semi-auto's, but her primary one is an M&P Shield 9mm. I want to "surprise" her and buy her a holster for it. I had my mind set on getting her a stickyholster to try out due to the versatility of clothing options. She tends to wear a variety of blue jeans, but also wear's yoga pants quite often as well. Problem is, I am also in the market for a new holster and I'm going with an AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3.0. They have a deal going where you can purchase two separate holsters for a good price, which now has me debating, do I get her the sticky to try out first, or just get two cloak-tucks right off the bat? Obviously I can get her both, but I want to try and make sure the first one I get her is going to please her and get her into the habit of actually carrying on her person. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

P.S. her body size is approx. 5'2", around 125-130lbs. well distributed.

I've been carrying off body for years, but recently picked up a sticky (was working NRA ILA booth at a show and the Sticky booth was next door). It's the first one I've been able to be comfortable with. Even though they make separate ones for various guns, the one I got for my G19 also works for my G17 and my .38. It stays put in my jeans or skirts without needing a belt. If you really want the sale price on the cloak-tucks, get the sticky too. The cloak tuck may work better with some wardrobe choices and it never hurts to have options, but the Sticky is more versatile.

A purse is a theft target, a snatch and grab focus. Please consider that the thief might end up with your handgun.

The flash bang holster is uncomfortable and makes an obvious print with many body types. The models make it look easy.

Belly bands can be uncomfortable and restrictive depending on body shape.

Your wife may have to try many different holsters until something works with most of her clothes. If a woman has several different holsters for different outfits it can lead to slow reaction time as she stops to remember or pat herself down to find where she is wearing it today. Try to find a holster that will work with most of her clothing choices and can be used almost everyday. Changing out carry places slows you down and that is why many women carry in their purses.

Purse-carry works fine until someone takes it or you forget and set it down on the floor by your chair, then maybe walk across the room to fetch something for just a moment- forgetting what you left behind. Your cell phones rings, a co-oworker picks it up from your bag to give it to you and... "My goodness! What do we have here???"

It is something to ponder when you try to find a way to carry concealed.
Kate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back