hb 937 goes to final vote

jaya

The state house has hb 937 on the calendar fo a concurrence vote tomorrow. The session is tomorrow at 10am and is the 3rd item on the agenda.

The state house has hb 937 on the calendar fo a concurrence vote tomorrow. The session is tomorrow at 10am and is the 3rd item on the agenda.

As you probably realize this went to committee. Please call and email your reps and tel them to get this PASSED. Time is running out for this bill!

There is rumor that this is going to be voted on either today or tomorrow. The session is about to end.

Just came out of committee and put on the calendar. Looks like they removed the senate substitute and provided a new substitute mostly similar to the senate one except:

Pistol permits stay but sherrifs must document reasons for refusal and report on them (study to hopefully provide grounds for eliminating permit system in the future?)

Language to revoke existing permits when a disqualifying infraction occurs after permit was granted.

Some stuff about sending data to NCIS when people are involuntarily committed, etc. that one may have been in the original senate substitute.

House and Senate approved changes to reach agreement on the Sheriff's pistol purchase permit part of the bill. It is now on the governors desk.

He can sign it and it becomes law, or he can ignore it after which it will be come law 30 days after the session ends.

Or he can veto it.

House and Senate approved changes to reach agreement on the Sheriff's pistol purchase permit part of the bill. It is now on the governors desk.

He can sign it and it becomes law, or he can ignore it after which it will be come law 30 days after the session ends.

Or he can veto it.

I think we're safe from a veto. The bill passed with veto proof majorities in both houses, and GovPat would be stupid to veto a bill from his own party this early in his first term.

I think we're safe from a veto. The bill passed with veto proof majorities in both houses, and GovPat would be stupid to veto a bill from his own party this early in his first term.

What happens if he veto's after the legislative session has ended, which will probably end late this week?

I got the audio from the wptf program director this morning. I can confirm that McCrory did say that he will sign it. He sounded pretty positive about it.

I got the audio from the wptf program director this morning. I can confirm that McCrory did say that he will sign it. He sounded pretty positive about it.
Until the Gov signs, it's all about the preverbal Fat lady.........I do know Davidson CTY supports this as should all.

Until the Gov signs, it's all about the preverbal Fat lady.........I do know Davidson CTY supports this as should all.

I hear ya, it was good to hear the Gov say he would sign it, but there is always the track record of politicians to actually do what they say they will. I want ink on paper, not the word of a politician.

He is on record saying he will sign it. He is out of town at a Republican Governors meeting. I would expect to see him sign it sometime next week. There are 40+ bills on his desk waiting his signature.

He is on record saying he will sign it. He is out of town at a Republican Governors meeting. I would expect to see him sign it sometime next week. There are 40+ bills on his desk waiting his signature.

He is not out of town, he held a news conference at the governors mansion on Friday, July 26. So now we wait for either his signature or 30 after the end of the legislative session, which ended Friday 7/26, before we can say it is law.

Someone hand him a pen.

I think he's holding off on signing it just to make a point. We melted his phone lines for weeks so he may be holding off just to be a jerk for a bit.

He will sign it, I'm certain of that. No worries.

So excited that this bill is signed sealed and Delivered. Huge wins for 2A rights! Now I can drop my kid off at school and not have to leave my sidearm at home, on top of being able to carry into restaurants now!!! BIG Thanks to our NRA lobbyists in Raleigh pushing on our reps and senators!

So excited that this bill is signed sealed and Delivered. Huge wins for 2A rights! Now I can drop my kid off at school and not have to leave my sidearm at home, on top of being able to carry into restaurants now!!! BIG Thanks to our NRA lobbyists in Raleigh pushing on our reps and senators!

Not intending to trash talk the NRA. I am a member.

But the lion share of credit goes to GRNC.

Not intending to trash talk the NRA. I am a member.

But the lion share of credit goes to GRNC.

+1 The GRNC was on this like stink on poo and took a much firmer stance than the NRA did. I am a member of both, and received updates from GRNC every time the bill was even scheduled for anything. The NRA not so much. I guess the NRA was too busy sending credit card or insurance offers out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back