Have PA LTC - how to get unrestricted non-resident LTC in MA?

camshaft

Hi everyone,
I've searched quite a bit on the internet forums and reviewed the application process for this. I started professional school in Boston (Chinatown) last year and live right in Chinatown. It really isn't the best area. I already have classmates who have been robbed, and one girl who was chased into the school apartment building (key-card swipe) until she was able to close the door behind her and hold it closed long enough for it to re-lock while the guy pursuing her tried to force open the door.

I have my unrestricted LTC from PA, and believe I'd still be considered a PA resident, as it's my drivers license location, banking address, tax address, etc. I've read online that getting a non-resident unrestricted MA LTC wasn't very difficult if you had an unrestricted LTC in your home state. But I've seen some posts say more recently they've gotten stricter and are no longer issuing unrestricted.

So my basic question is whether I do have a reasonable chance of getting an unrestricted LTC, and if so what I should know beyond the standard application process. Does whether or not I'd receive the permit depend at all on how eloquently I can address my reasons for wanting the permit?

Thanks for your time.

camshaft;376758I said:
have my unrestricted LTC from PA, and believe I'd still be considered a PA resident, as it's my drivers license location, banking address, tax address, etc. I've read online that getting a non-resident unrestricted MA LTC wasn't very difficult if you had an unrestricted LTC in your home state. But I've seen some posts say more recently they've gotten stricter and are no longer issuing unrestricted.

When the State Police handled Non-Res LTC's everybody typically got unrestricted permits. Since the FRB took thier place it's basically the opposite. Most Non-Res LTC's get restricted now unless you have a valid reason to carry concealed (no, self defense isn't one in crappy MA). The other problem is whether your a MA resident or not. You don't get to choose whether your a resident or not simply by refusing to change your DL, bank address etc. It's determined by how many months of the year your in MA vs PA. While students are often exempted from that, when it comes to the LTC, I dunno.

So my basic question is whether I do have a reasonable chance of getting an unrestricted LTC, and if so what I should know beyond the standard application process.

Most likely no.

Does whether or not I'd receive the permit depend at all on how eloquently I can address my reasons for wanting the permit?

Basically, also don't forget you need to take the NRA safety class in MA, then dump $100 just to find out. If your considered a MA resident, being in Boston you will also have to do the shooting test on Moon Island with the cops.

Most people misunderstand the way MA works with MAY issue. As far as getting the LTC to have guns in the house, shoot at the range etc, MA is SHALL issue by practice (FID's are shall issue by law), I have NEVER heard of somebody being refused a permit that is not legally dq'd. It's when it comes to it being unrestricted (which if course is what everybody wants) is when that MAY shows it's face. Being in Boston your in the worst possible place unfortunately. Believe it or not much of MA is Shall issue by practice with unrestricted LTC-A's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back