Glock 42/43 Ankle Holster

93-331-29psi

I'm looking for an ankle rig for the guns listed Glock 42 or 43, but I have a crimson trace laser guard attachment and I'm finding it hard to get a regular holster let alone an ankle unit. If you've got any advice please bestow it upon me. Thanks in advance.

I am using the Galco Ankle Glove for my Glock 26. It is extremely comfortable and concealable with standard jeans. The optional adjustable calf strap (sold separately) is really not needed. They do have variants for the Glock 42 and 43, but without the Crimson Trace Laser Guard. If your shooting hand is the right hand, get the right hand holster and put it on your left leg with the gun on the inside. Ask yourself, do you really need that Crimson Trace Laser Guard?

No I don't however this is solely for offhand shooting and I don't want to have to aim if ever needed. If that makes sense?

No I don't however this is solely for offhand shooting and I don't want to have to aim if ever needed. If that makes sense?

I do not know how much actual firearms training you had, but what you are saying is exactly what many (not all) professional firearms instructors not only do not teach, but also try to "un-teach" students. The whole "don't aim" philosophy, meaning to not line up the sights, is only valid for extremely close distances (up to 3 feet). After that, you really want to line up your sights anyway as you are responsible for every round you shoot and finding that laser dot takes longer than lining up your sights. Also, your laser might fail. If you search this forum with the key word "Link Removed", you will find a number of interesting discussions on that topic.

I've got extensive firearms training, but that's irrelevant to this post. This piece will be primarily home defense for the wife to use at night god forbid should it ever be needed. The purpose of the laser in the first place.

Additionally it will also be used as a weak side ankle piece when I'm on my motorcycle should it ever be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I've got extensive firearms training, but that's irrelevant to this post. This piece will be primarily home defense for the wife to use at night god forbid should it ever be needed. The purpose of the laser in the first place.

Well, let's just say you really don't need a laser on that firearm. It's obviously your choice. I have explained the limits of lasers numerous times in this forum. Lasers did fail on me. Here is an article about lasers on handguns by someone else: Lasers on Concealed Carry Weapons – Do You Need Them?.

Additionally it will also be used as a weak side ankle piece when I'm on my motorcycle should it ever be needed.

Sounds good to me for a backup gun. I wouldn't carry my primary gun on the ankle though, but then I am not riding motorcycles.

PS: As for a home defense gun for the wife, a Glock 42 or 43 is really not the right gun in the first place.

Well, let's just say you really don't need a laser on that firearm. It's obviously your choice. I have explained the limits of lasers numerous times in this forum. Lasers did fail on me. Here is an article about lasers on handguns by someone else: Lasers on Concealed Carry Weapons – Do You Need Them?.

Sounds good to me for a backup gun. I wouldn't carry my primary gun on the ankle though, but then I am not riding motorcycles.

PS: As for a home defense gun for the wife, a Glock 42 or 43 is really not the right gun in the first place.

I don't disagree however you generally should use what your comfortable with and a 42/43 is better than throwing pots and pans.

Not that I need to but I'll also add that it's rare that she is the one playing home defender. My first weapon of choice for home defense is a 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck followed by a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45

Now that this went way off track I'd like to get back to the original question being answered vice being told what is and isn't good and what I should and shouldn't do.

What if any ankle holsters work with the 42 with crimson trace???

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

I don't disagree however you generally should use what your comfortable with and a 42/43 is better than throwing pots and pans.

Not that I need to but I'll also add that it's rare that she is the one playing home defender. My first weapon of choice for home defense is a 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck followed by a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45

Now that this went way off track I'd like to get back to the original question being answered vice being told what is and isn't good and what I should and shouldn't do.

What if any ankle holsters work with the 42 with crimson trace???

There is the Pro-Tech holster, but it's crap. There are also a number of generic ankle holsters that might work: the Daltech Force holster and the Chengyuan holster. I am not sure if they are any good though.

PS: My comment regarding the Glock 42 or 43 as a home defense gun for the wife was more geared toward getting her a Glock 19 or 17 dedicated for that purpose. There is really no need to go small for a home defense gun.

PPS: As for the rest of your home defense plan, there is no need for chest-thumping here. No, you won't defend your home with "a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45". It doesn't even make sense in the first place to say such a thing. A 12 gauge is a good "defend the fort" weapon, while a single high-capacity handgun would be your backup. Both would need to stay loaded at all times.

There is the Pro-Tech holster, but it's crap. There are also a number of generic ankle holsters that might work: the Daltech Force holster and the Chengyuan holster. I am not sure if they are any good though.

PS: My comment regarding the Glock 42 or 43 as a home defense gun for the wife was more geared toward getting her a Glock 19 or 17 dedicated for that purpose. There is really no need to go small for a home defense gun.

PPS: As for the rest of your home defense plan, there is no need for chest-thumping here. No, you won't defend your home with "a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45". It doesn't even make sense in the first place to say such a thing. A 12 gauge is a good "defend the fort" weapon, while a single high-capacity handgun would be your backup. Both would need to stay loaded at all times.

No chest thumping. Just stating the facts. It seems to me if there was any chest thumping going on it was you doing the thumping. You responded Tommy post with your opinion vice answering the question asked.

Thanks

No chest thumping. Just stating the facts. It seems to me if there was any chest thumping going on it was you doing the thumping. You responded Tommy post with your opinion vice answering the question asked.

Thanks

You are free to ignore my advice on ankle holsters, handgun lasers, and home defense weapons and plans. I was just offering you alternatives that would actually work.

I was just saying that your post mentioning "00 buck followed by a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45" is not how this works. That's not how any of this works. You are certainly free to make a fool out of yourself by posting stuff like this.

Good luck in finding an ankle holster for your Glock 42 or 43 with a Crimson Trace Laserguard.

You are free to ignore my advice on ankle holsters, handgun lasers, and home defense weapons and plans. I was just offering you alternatives that would actually work.

I was just saying that your post mentioning "00 buck followed by a dozen or different handguns calibered in either .40 or .45" is not how this works. That's not how any of this works. You are certainly free to make a fool out of yourself by posting stuff like this.

Good luck in finding an ankle holster for your Glock 42 or 43 with a Crimson Trace Laserguard.

And you my friend can take my words for whatever you want. I'm not a forum poster and don't care to discuss things such as home defense in open forum for several reasons. As for my 42/43 set up. If you knew me you'd understand why it's on the ankle. Don't take everything said at face value. There are too many pieces missing for you to have a clear picture of what's going on here. You just sit behind your keyboard and criticize and critique everyone like you do (yeah I've read many posts where you tell people their wrong). Fact is you don't know me or anything about me so my best advise is to answer the questions and offer advice when it's asked for. Done

And you my friend can take my words for whatever you want. I'm not a forum poster and don't care to discuss things such as home defense in open forum for several reasons. As for my 42/43 set up. If you knew me you'd understand why it's on the ankle. Don't take everything said at face value. There are too many pieces missing for you to have a clear picture of what's going on here. You just sit behind your keyboard and criticize and critique everyone like you do (yeah I've read many posts where you tell people their wrong). Fact is you don't know me or anything about me so my best advise is to answer the questions and offer advice when it's asked for. Done

Good luck with that attitude. If I can't take what you say at face value, then you have really nothing to complain about. You may want to re-read this thread to understand why we are where we are in this discussion. I simply just offered you an opinion to which you gave a number of rather odd replies.

I never questioned your plan to carry a Glock 42 or 43 on the ankle. I think it is a quite appropriate gun for that. Finding an ankle holster for a Glock 42 or 43 with a Crimson Trace Laserguard is a hard task. Will that ankle holster be any good is a completely different question.

I answered your question by offering you the choice to drop the Crimson Trace Laserguard and go with the Galco Ankle Glove. This is the only good ankle holster that I could find. Take it or leave it.

The rest of the discussion was driven by you, defending your choices. You mentioned that the Glock 42 or 43 would be primarily for home defense for the wife, to which I simply stated that this is a rather poor choice for a home defense gun. Then you posted your nonsensical shotgun and dozen handgun comment.

Anyway, good luck in finding an ankle holster for your Glock 42 or 43 with a Crimson Trace Laserguard.

Wow...lol. Another tread down the drain. Somebody just casually made a thread asking for holsters that accommodate a laser sight for a particular pistol then all the sudden turns into basically a, "you really shouldn't rely on a laser sight, blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah, blah...." discussion.

I have a Crimson Trace Laser Guard on my carry pistol. You wanna criticize me too??....lol. No please, don't waste my time with your "opinion" because I don't care. That was just a joke.

But on the serious side tho, just answer the damn question man. If you can't simply do that just pass it up. You don't need to force your opinion on people.

Wow...lol. Another tread down the drain. Somebody just casually made a thread asking for holsters that accommodate a laser sight for a particular pistol then all the sudden turns into basically a, "you really shouldn't rely on a laser sight, blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah, blah...." discussion.

I have a Crimson Trace Laser Guard on my carry pistol. You wanna criticize me too??....lol. No please, don't waste my time with your "opinion" because I don't care. That was just a joke.

But on the serious side tho, just answer the damn question man. If you can't simply do that just pass it up. You don't need to force your opinion on people.

So, you just came here to troll, because you didn't provide any answer whatsoever to the OP. Got it. Have fun. As usual, I leave you alone with having the last word in the thread you troll.

So, you just came here to troll, because you didn't provide any answer whatsoever to the OP. Got it. Have fun. As usual, I leave you alone with having the last word in the thread you troll.

Just the kind of response I expected from you. Nice work! Keep it up!

Exactly!!! Well put!! If this is trolling then I say troll away!!

--snipped your useless babbling--
because you didn't provide any answer whatsoever to the OP.
--snipped the rest of your idiotic, arrogant banter--

Fine... To the OP, here ya go.
CrossBreedÂ[emoji768] Ankle Holster

They have one it looks like for a Glock 43 with a Crimson Trace Laser Guard.

It's funny how you recommended a holster to the OP that doesn't even offer an option for a laser attachment when it was clearly stated that's what was being looked for yet you have the audacity to attack my post with your bull-[emoji90] Hmmm. Why am I not surprised.

Oh wait, my bad, you were too busy being wrapped up in smearing your useless opinion towards laser sights... that's why.

Fine... To the OP, here ya go.
CrossBreedÂ[emoji768] Ankle Holster

They have one it looks like for a Glock 43 with a Crimson Trace Laser Guard.

It's funny how you recommended a holster to the OP that doesn't even offer an option for a laser attachment when it was clearly stated that's what was being looked for yet you have the audacity to attack my post with your bull-[emoji90] Hmmm. Why am I not surprised.

Oh wait, my bad, you were too busy being wrapped up in smearing your useless opinion towards laser sights... that's why.

I first and foremost listed a holster that I have experience with and that I know is a good holster. I listed other holster options for a Glock 43 with a Crimson Trace Laser Guard later. The question is, is this holster any good? I guess it is for the OP to find out and report back. The CrossBreed holster comes with a 2-week trial period.

It is interesting that you only started to search for an answer to the OP once I challenged you and got you out of your troll mode. LOL.

I first and foremost listed a holster that I have experience with and that I know is a good holster.
I don't doubt for a second that the Galco Ankle Glove is a good holster but my point was that it's not what the OP was looking for. Make sense??

I listed other holster options for a Glock 43 with a Crimson Trace Laser Guard later. The question is, is this holster any good? I guess it is for the OP to find out and report back. The CrossBreed holster comes with a 2-week trial period.
Wow, I'm impressed. So, so sorry I failed to see where you actually did what was asked by the OP's question.

It is interesting that you only started to search for an answer to the OP once I challenged you and got you out of your troll mode. LOL.
Only to you. I wasn't in "troll mode" anyways, pal.

It is also awfully funny how you refer to someone as a troll who snaps right back at your bull-[emoji90].

Ignored most of this post as it didn't answer the question - but my suggestion for an ankle holster that will allow for sights is the bug bite - I haven't ever used it but it is what I'm ordering when I get a smaller weapon. Check it out - they have a great video of it being used with as you wanted

BugBite Ankle Holster

fc249d5e5fe59e480b70765d8d97044c.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back