Garbage

Missinglink

What are the worst guns you have ever fired?

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

For me it was the Taurus millennium and all first generation glocks though I have changed my mind about glock

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

I guess it depends on your definition of “garbage”.

The worst I have ever shot was indeed a Hi-Point. But, this is not because it was unreliable or, in any way, not durable. In fact, it was very reliable and just as accurate as anything else on the market today.

It was because it was the most ergonomically uncomfortable gun that I have ever handled. It was also one of the most difficult to disassemble and reassemble that I have ever worked with. This does not, in my mind, make it “garbage”, but it does make it one of the worst guns I have ever fired.

I guess it depends on your definition of “garbage”.

The worst I have ever shot was indeed a Hi-Point. But, this is not because it was unreliable or, in any way, not durable. In fact, it was very reliable and just as accurate as anything else on the market today.

It was because it was the most ergonomically uncomfortable gun that I have ever handled. It was also one of the most difficult to disassemble and reassemble that I have ever worked with. This does not, in my mind, make it “garbage”, but it does make it one of the worst guns I have ever fired.

Keltec PF-9, magazine kept falling out and the front of the frame insert bent/distorted. Sent back to Keltec twice. Magazine problem still occurred so I traded it for a CZ-75. Great trade.

Springfield EMP 40, recoil spring assembly broke, sent to Springfield then shortly after the extractor broke sent back to Springfield. The extractor was not tuned correctly and caused the slide to intermittently not go into battery. This gun was also very hard to rack for even a average strength man which I am. All totaled the sum equaled to a trade. Sad because it was an expensive gun that originally was my everyday carry. I even had a custom holster made for it. Traded it for a new Berretta M-9A1 and money. No longer disappointed.

the worst i ever fired because of trigger pull was a davis 38 derringer or cobra 9mm derringer, worst trigger pulls i ever tried.

Worst due to sorry accuracy would go to an old Military Remington/Rand 1911. Second place would go to an old commercial Browning Hi Power I owned in 1974. I understand the old Military Colt 1911 being totally worn out. I will cut it some slack due to age and hard wear and tear.
The Hi Power was clean as a pin, and would not stay on a 5 gallon bucket at 25 yards. It would not feed any ammunition that did not look like Ball either. I traded it for a new S&W Model 28 with 4" barrel that would drive tacks. I was much happier. I was very disappointed with the Browning.
In 1974 I was a brand new city patrolman and needed a handgun that was dependable. Today I probably would have had it looked over, and probably changed the barrel out, and got it running as a project.
I have owned a Davis Derringer also. I knew it was junk when I bought it.

Bob R

Not necessarily garbage but I hate the Sig P229r DAK. The trigger pull is horrible, but slight modifications to the stock trigger pull make it a wonderful gun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bryco 380. Bought it for my wife. We both hated it.I was stupid then. Now I just ask first.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The Browning Hi-Power felt too cumbersome. Certainly not an ergonomic design. The Taurus was a 9 mm and I'd say it just seemed sloppy. It did peak my interest in larger magazines, as I owned a Walther PPK .380 ACP at the time. It was my first, and at the time, I thought six rounds was enough, lol!

It's refreshing to see a lot of others here experienced the same issue with the Hi-Power. It was back in 1991, and all I was seeing in the reviews was how perfect it was. I almost bought it, but after firing a friend's, I'm really glad I held off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back