Florida non resident

Baldelocks

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has used just the Maryland safety training to get the florida non resident ccw?

You can not use Marylands Safety COurse, it is an online course and Fla requires and Instructor see you shoot and handle a firearm,

FL Statute 790.06
7. Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association certified firearms instructor;

A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes; or an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught said course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant; or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall constitute evidence of qualification under this paragraph; any person who conducts a course pursuant to subparagraph 2., subparagraph 3., or subparagraph 7., or who, as an instructor, attests to the completion of such courses, must maintain records certifying that he or she observed the student safely handle and discharge the firearm;

I am from NJ and have a FL non res. I spend alot of time is SC due to family owning property. Can I obtain SC non res ccw???

If you own the property, yes. If not no.
CONCEALED WEAPON PERMITS

SECTION 23-31-205. Name.

This article may be cited as the “Law Abiding Citizens Self Defense Act of 1996”.

SECTION 23-31-210. Definitions.

As used in this article:

(1) “Resident” means an individual who is present in South Carolina with the intention of making a permanent home in South Carolina or military personnel on permanent change of station orders.

(2) “Qualified nonresident” means an individual who owns real property in South Carolina, but who resides in another state.

If you are not on the deed, you are technically not the owner. I'd consult an attorney before even trying.
SC does not issue non resident permits unless you qualify as above.

IANAL

TJ

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has used just the Maryland safety training to get the florida non resident ccw?
You can't use the Maryland safety training but if you were in the military and received an honorable discharge you can use a copy of your DD214.

If you don't have a DD214, Florida law requires an NRA class and the instructor must be able to testify he saw you live fire the firearm.

I'm to lazy to post the actual statute. There's a link on the FL CCW page to the statutes.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back