First Post: Jeffco Permit Fees Reduced

bowmanr

Hi, new here! Hoping to meet some cool new people.

Anyway, I live in Jefferson County and recently went in to obtain my Colorado CCW permit. I had one previously issued in another state, but of course when becoming a resident that permit became void. I noticed that Jeffco reduced their permit fee from $100 to $72.50 (you still got to pay the CBI's portion at the regular rate of $52.50--so $125 total). I thought that was really great! I was always with the impression that jurisdictions would charge you the maximum allowed by law, but apparently Jeffco's got somebody (Sheriff Mink I suppose?) that's got some common sense and a respect for all of us hard-working folks that just want to exercise our constitutional rights.

Also, I noticed that their hours are M-F 8a-5p and they are accepting Visa and Mastecard credit/debit card payments now as well. It appeared that I must've been one of the first to use the card method because they didn't seem to quite have the procedure down very well yet.

They told me that the current wait was 4-6 weeks, mine showed up on the 29th day, so props to them (and CBI, too, I guess) for a quick turn-around.

Just thought I'd bring this to all you fellow Jeffco residents...some good news!

Welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you had it pretty good. To get my permit in Adams County I had to wait 80 days and pay the full $150 or whatever. And they did not take credit card either.

That's nice to know, I live in jeffco also, my permit is arapahoe county though because I use to live there.

I just went throught this yesterday. One other nice thing is that you can pay BOTH fee's (Fed's and county) in oneshot. Used to require two seperate cashiers checks (at least that's what I heard)

I just moved to jeffco several months ago. They lowered the fees while I was in my waiting period and I got an unexpected refund of the difference!

JeffCo CHP

I applied for mine 12 days ago, so hopefully I'll get it as soon as you guys. And in case JeffCo residents aren't aware: if you are in the active/reserve military, you don't have to do a CCW course. All you need to do is bring in your latest M9 Qual and you're all set. Let them make a copy of your MilID as well. (I'm hoping that would speed things up). I know Florida CWP does the same thing statewide.

Anyone else know which county accepts military personnel without CCW instruction classes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back