Federal Premium (American Eagle) 22LR

mappow

Long story short. I bought 500 rds of the above and found out that 6 to 8 rounds were dudes per box. That's a 12 to 16% failure rate. Worse part about it is that I had tree rats in my sights and "CLICK" instead of bang. I've culled 20 out since the first of the month and really found the failure rate unacceptable.
Went to their WEB sight, told them of my issue and was responded to within 24 hours. After a few emails and a return of a partial box of rounds being from the same lot number. They sent me a check for $ 20.00 dollars. Happy to have the money but would have preferred a couple hundred rounds of 22 LR.
Federal responded in a quick and professional manner and will continue to have my business IF "The price is right"

Just thought I'd share.

If you are unhappy and distrusting of Federal ammunition, why would they still have your business? If I cannot trust that what I put into my firearm will go "bang", I don't put it into my firearm. My $0.02.

I'm glad that they refunded your money, but that is so you can buy something you can depend on.

No wonder they went click. I guess duds do that. Dudes would have just screamed in the breach.
Oh and it was per box, at least the first 2.

I buy those all the time and I've never had a dud. They must be cutting corners to fill the shelves. I did have two of the game shok 36 gr bulk go click, but I just inserted them and turned them opposite the strike and they fired.

And just to be clear, you're talking about these, right?

Link Removed

I've had federal champion bulk rounds (525rd bulk packs) FTE from my 10/22. Not a lot, but enough to be a little annoyed. Casing gets stuck in ejection port as rifle is returning to battery. Haven't had a single one fail in my SR22. Maybe my 10/22 just doesn't like 'em.

I buy those all the time and I've never had a dud. They must be cutting corners to fill the shelves. I did have two of the game shok 36 gr bulk go click, but I just inserted them and turned them opposite the strike and they fired.

And just to be clear, you're talking about these, right?

Link Removed

Yep, that be them. Just had an additional 2 rounds go click again. Cleared both rounds and dropped the tree rat I was going for. He was about 30 yards out in my bird feeder so fortunately he didn't hear all the noise and me grumbling.

I've had federal champion bulk rounds (525rd bulk packs) FTE from my 10/22. Not a lot, but enough to be a little annoyed. Casing gets stuck in ejection port as rifle is returning to battery. Haven't had a single one fail in my SR22. Maybe my 10/22 just doesn't like 'em.

Are the casings warped or crimped?

Individual guns have their own persnickety tastes in ammo, patricularly .22lr. They are sort of like people that way.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back