Extensive Handgun SD Ammo Test by Lucky Gunner

For those interested, LuckyGunner.com tested a large number of handgun self defense ammunition: LuckyGunner.com | Handgun Self-Defense Ammunition Ballistics Test.
Outstanding! I have been scouring youtube for videos on gel with clothing tests. I have never seen such an in-depth summary of results. I carry both 9mm and 45acp. I wouldnt put all of my faith in just one tester but this is by FAR the most comprehensive testing I have seen. Thanks a million for sharing!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I noticed some of the 147 gr. 9mm's didn't expand very much Anyone know why?

Bullet design! Heavy loads have less speed and may not reach the needed speed to expand if the JHP was originally designed for 115 gr.

Took the HTP out today. Fired 50 of them through my Sig 9mm 1911. Had a few hang ups, gun had a hard time going into full battery. Had to nudge the slide a few times. I WOULD NOT trust my life to this ammo. I got it for cheap, so using it to hit paper doesn't bother me.

Took the HTP out today. Fired 50 of them through my Sig 9mm 1911. Had a few hang ups, gun had a hard time going into full battery. Had to nudge the slide a few times. I WOULD NOT trust my life to this ammo. I got it for cheap, so using it to hit paper doesn't bother me.
So trouble feeding in your weapon, on top of inconsistent expansion for all bullet sizes of HTP based on this test? Yeah, sounds like you got yourself some target ammo there. Glad to hear you got it at a good price! I just bought myself 250 rounds each of Federal HST 147 +p for my PT111 G2 and Speer Gold Dot 230gr for my XD mod.2 .45. If 200 rds feed perfectly, then the last box of each will be my new carry ammo.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I have more of this stuff. Next time out I'll run some through my Taurus PT 92's. They'll eat anything.

Think I'll stick with Hornady Critical Defense. I have a couple boxes of Critical DUTY also, which did not do very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back