Delaware resident living in Maryland temp

Nivz

Question, My home is in Delaware where I have 20+ legally registered firearms, but I'll be leasing an apartment in Ocean City, Maryland for the winter due to my work. I've heard I cant take any of my firearms with me unless I become a resident of Maryland is this true? I'd like to bring 3, a double barrel 12 gauge, a 1911 handgun & a m14 rifle.

Thanks

There is no need to register a handgun in Maryland... I am a resident, and there is NO registration. If you purchase one as a resident, you need to abide by Maryland laws. Since you already own it, there is no issue. You are still a US Citizen, and a leased residence is still where you are residing. You can keep firearms in your home, carry firearms in your residence. As you are most likely aware, you will need to follow MD Laws regarding transport and Wear or Carry in the state. Your Delaware CCW is basically worthless at this time.

There is no need to register a handgun in Maryland... I am a resident, and there is NO registration. If you purchase one as a resident, you need to abide by Maryland laws. Since you already own it, there is no issue. You are still a US Citizen, and a leased residence is still where you are residing. You can keep firearms in your home, carry firearms in your residence. As you are most likely aware, you will need to follow MD Laws regarding transport and Wear or Carry in the state. Your Delaware CCW is basically worthless at this time.

Maryland also has a hi-cap magazine ban for any magazines over 20 rds. Keep that in mind with your M14.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back