Delaware drops Virginia CCP

SR9

I've heard that Delaware has or will be dropping recognition of Virginia's CCP in Delaware. The reason I've heard is that Virginia only requires a 1 hour Internet course to get a CCP. In Delaware we have to tak a NRA approved course that takes between 5-10 hour, plus fire a hundred rounds on the range to get CCP. I understand Virginia still recognizes the Delaware permit though.

Anybody got any feed-back?

Well, I live in Virginia and what you say about the Virginia requirements are mostly true -- I also have a CCP for Utah, so it's useful in a lot of states -- but I can't figure out how to get from Virginia to Delaware through a state that allows concealed carry. Certainly not Maryland or DC, so you can't carry in any state along the way....

Well, I live in Virginia and what you say about the Virginia requirements are mostly true -- I also have a CCP for Utah, so it's useful in a lot of states -- but I can't figure out how to get from Virginia to Delaware through a state that allows concealed carry. Certainly not Maryland or DC, so you can't carry in any state along the way....

Go through WV, via PA, to DE. If you have the UT permit, it is good in DE as well. :) Happy circumnavigating.

I live in PA and with the PA license, only WV has reciprocity. OH, NY, NJ, DE, and MD do not. With my UT permit though, I pick up OH and DE. It's a mad mad mad world, but at least the Feds aren't controlling this particular brand of madness.

I've heard that Delaware has or will be dropping recognition of Virginia's CCP in Delaware. The reason I've heard is that Virginia only requires a 1 hour Internet course to get a CCP.

Its not that Va. "only requires a 1 hour internet course", its that Virginia (stupidly) allows for an online course to be one the many accepted forms of training.

Reciprocity ends Dec. 7, 2013. I fear Va. is going to lose more states of they keep accepting crap training.

IMO no state should force any training as an infringement on anyone's right to carry.

Maybe our states should actually read the Constitution, uphold it and defend it.

Its not that Va. "only requires a 1 hour internet course", its that Virginia (stupidly) allows for an online course to be one the many accepted forms of training.

Reciprocity ends Dec. 7, 2013. I fear Va. is going to lose more states of they keep accepting crap training.

You say "crap training". No no no no...Virginia treats its citizens like adults unlike you other folks where the government has become your nanny and provides the nipple. What the hell makes someone who is carrying open any more dangerous than a person that has a concealed carry permit with their "NRA approved firearms training". Do you really think you are more prepared than someone that didn't have to pay a big fee and sit through 8 to 20 hours of utter nonsense. Instead of insulting Virginia for assuming its citizens are adults perhaps you should be asking you state officials why they treat you like children!!!

Okay...I reread your post. You make a living providing training in Virginia. Of course you don't have a dog in this fight...do you? Your response is biased at best. One other question to get you some street cred please provide links where Virginians that only took an online course have gone out and shot up the neighborhood because they didn't have your brand of "training".

I am a De. ccw permit holder. I had the oppurtunity to go to Lancaster Pa. a while back, and while there I went to the Lancaster County Sheriffs office and spent $20.00 and 20 minutes and got a PA. permit which now covers me in Va. The people there were nice and friendly and happy to have another De. resident on board with their permit. So, when Dec. 7th rolls around, I'm still good to go.

Utah and VA are both widely recognized, I believe Utah is still recognized in DE. If you have the Utah permit, the other state you get with VA is NM.

And having a VA non-res permit while in VA allows you to carry in or through a Gun Free School Zone, the Utah permit if used in VA does not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back