De Leon "Ghost Gun" bill Defeated By Veto, some bills signed: an Update

freethink

freethink
Good news first: De Leon's "Ghost Gun" bill has been defeated by veto.

Now for the bad news... The other bills appear to have been signed. Including AB 1014, which is the "Gun Violence Restraining Order" one that removes due process from people who own weapons upon the claim of anyone who suggests that the individual should be locked up and have their weapon removed from their person.

More bad news: The "Gun Violence Restraining Order" concept appears to be getting pushed through Congress as well, as part of the "Pause for Safety Act." So this is bigger than just California... Brown appears to be launching an effort that is part of some Congresspeople's efforts to remove due process and 2nd Amendment rights nationwide. And in some parts of California based on a bill just approved, the State now considers it legal to evict you from your home if you've ever violated any firearm law ever whether knowingly or not. I call this the "Eviction Bill," and it's called AB 2310. Not surprised or anything, just pointing it out.

At any rate, I've updated my original post to reflect what bills have been signed and what's been vetoed as of today, Sept. 30, 2014. Read it if you haven't and get ready to sue the State of California (or at the least, defend yourself in court when the State and its minions starts using AB 1014 against people). Got legal hours on your legal insurance? Hope so. Read up and learn how to defend yourself and your family from the State.

-freethink

On the funny side of the "Gun Violence Restraining Order" bill (yes, there is a funny side), my husband informed me I had to be really nice to him or he would get a gun violence restraining order against me. Then I informed him that, if such an order is issued, "they " would come to our home and confiscate all the firearms, not just mine. He has now decided that this is a bad law and must be overturned. After all, we're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

I have to put my 2 cents in. In the interests of full disclosure I must state I don't live in California and I envy those of you that do. California is a doubled edged sword...enjoy the beauty while we restrict your liberty. I do live in Virginia, a fairly gun friendly state. We are a "shall issue" ccw without any firearm safety classes except a ten minute online thingy for 20 bucks, although an applicant is free to buy a big ole ccw course if they want. We are also open carry with the biggest magazine money can buy (no class required).

Here is my problem...I read an article this morning regarding 2 convicted sexual offenders that teamed up and lured 4 women to their ultimate demise. They were raped and murdered by this pair. The reason they were caught was because of a GPS ankle bracelet. But prior to this recent arrest they had both cut off the tracking devices in 2010 and were captured in Alabama and the a couple years later they did the same thing and were captured in Nevada. I think I have the story correct.

What in the name of God is going on out there. They restrict your right to possessing a pistol magazine to 10 rounds. You cannot carry it in public unless you are a wealthy celebrity or politician but California will let 2 convicted sex offenders remove their tracking devices and roam at large. Do you guys see anything wrong with this picture. The women they raped and murdered were not allowed to protect their own lives because of California laws and California laws allowed their killers to roam like rabid animals and murder at will.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back