crimping factory 9mm?

old fart

i have a ruger lcr 9mm and while it hasn't jumped crimp yet, i still think about when it might. all my ammo is freedom munitions all 3000rds of 124 and 135 grain. i was wondering is there a way i could go through the ammo and crimp it tighter? if i could, what would be the cheapest way of doing it? thanks for any help.

i have a ruger lcr 9mm and while it hasn't jumped crimp yet, i still think about when it might. all my ammo is freedom munitions all 3000rds of 124 and 135 grain. i was wondering is there a way i could go through the ammo and crimp it tighter? if i could, what would be the cheapest way of doing it? thanks for any help.

Not sure why you need to, but there's nothing stopping you either. A reloading press and a crimping die is all you need, just run your ammo through the press same way you would if you'd done the reloads yourself. Seems like a bit of a waste of time though.

Are you referring to bullet setback?

Lee Precision sells a Factory Crimp Die for under $25.oo. I have been using these dies for pistol and rifle calibers for many years with great results. And the best part is the bullet does not need to have a cannelure. While I doubt that bullet set back will be a problem with a 9mm. it does no harm to take an extra precaution.

Gents: it's a revolver. He is, I trust, worried about the bullet coming out of the case and jamming the cylinder.
If it hasn't by now, it's not going to.
What you need for your concern is a roll crimp, and that tends to deform the bullet if there is no cannelure/crimp groove on the bullet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back